Development & Membership Associate
The Museum seeks an organized, energetic Development Associate to assist in our fund development and membership programs. This position reports to the Director of Development and Director of Membership, supports donor and member cultivation and stewardship activities, manages our Raiser’s Edge database, assists in other special campaigns, and participates in donor and member events. Some weekend and evening hours are required.
The Bryan Museum opened in June 2015 in what was formerly the Galveston Orphans Home, built in 1895, survived the Storm of 1900, and remained an orphanage until the 1980s. Today, the Museum is home to one of the world’s largest collection of artifacts, documents, maps, and works of art relating to the history of Texas and the American West. The Bryan Museum is a non-profit 501c(3).
The Associate supports all aspects of the Museum’s donor and membership programs including prospect identification, cultivation, acquisition, and stewardship under the direction of the Director of Development and Director of Membership. Primary responsibilities include:
- Process contributions and maintain the constituent database, Raiser’s Edge.
- Run bi-weekly reports as well as monthly reports, run queries, and create mailing lists utilizing the Museum’s Raiser’s Edge database.
- Responsible for implementing donor acknowledgement and receipting process in a timely manner.
- Track the department’s annual income and expense budget.
- Answer questions, provide research, fulfill website requests, and manage any specific needs of constituents.
- Assist at special events and activities for major donors, lifetime members, and prospects.
- Work with the Director of Development to identify and implement donor cultivation opportunities.
- Work with Director of Development to produce all printed promotional materials.
- Assist with donor solicitations.
- Assist with implementation of all aspects of the Museum’s Membership program including on-site sales, retention program, new acquisitions, benefits fulfillment, and upgrade appeals.
- Encourage community collaborations to increase membership.
- Help draft and edit copy for membership appeals, member programming, and other membership related outreach materials.
- Maintain membership data through the Museum’s Raiser’s Edge database
- Process all new memberships.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Working knowledge of CRM database programs, Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Ability to manage several projects at once, meet deadlines, and work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Comfortable working with the public, Board Members, Museum members, and donors on the phone and/or in person.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years of nonprofit experience
- Knowledge or appreciation of museums is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Some Weekends
The Bryan Museum is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Apply for Development & Membership Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly