Community Engagement Manager
The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for developing and implementing an effective community engagement strategy across LEARN’s 10 Illinois schools. This position reports directly to LEARN’s Chief of Advancement and External Affairs and works closely with LEARN’s student recruiting staff, campus principals, and advocacy consultant.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and manage a comprehensive year round program to attract students and families to LEARN including, engaging with faith leaders and community influencers.
- Leverage innovative strategies to use social media to recruit families and enhance community engagement.
- Build a relationship with local community groups, district representatives and elected officials including but not limited to attending community events, Town Halls, panels, and other forums.
- Track and responding to legislation and policy decisions that may impact LEARN.
- Organize LEARN parents to advocate for equitable public policy on behalf of LEARN including arranging for testimony at district board meetings, ISBE meetings, and visiting Springfield to meet directly with State Representatives and State Senators.
- Act as LEARN’s liaison to local advocacy groups such as the Illinois Network of Charter Schools.
- Conduct training modules for LEARN staff and parents to improve advocacy skills throughout the network.
- Maintain a database of LEARN stakeholders including community partners, local businesses, parents, and elected officials, as well as a record of recent contact and actions.
- Track and report on any performance metrics related to this role.
Minimum of 3+ years of experience in building community partnerships, organizing parents, managing political relationships, and crisis management.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of professional advocacy experience
- Demonstrated success with community engagement, education policy, or public affairs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience adapting to community dynamics
- An understanding of political implications
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and a variable workload
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, initiative, sense of urgency, and the ability to work within a team
- Experience working with people and communities of color.
- A passionate commitment to education equity
Apply for Community Engagement Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly