LEARN is seeking a mission driven professional with strong
relationship, writing, and organizational skills to serve as its
Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator is
responsible for working with the members of the development and
leadership team to cultivate relationships with donors and
foundations, stewarding LEARN’s Auxiliary Board, and drafting grant
applications and foundation reports. This position reports to
LEARN’s Director of Development.
- Direct responsibility for individual and foundation donors
- Grant writing for both government and foundation grant opportunities
- Conduct thorough research on prospective individual, foundation, and corporate donors aligned with LEARN’s strategy.
- Support LEARN’s 20th Anniversary Fund with donor tracking, research, and other duties
- Design and implement social media fund raising campaigns.
- Coordinate LEARN’s Annual Appeal
- Support the creation and updating of LEARN’s development materials.
- Manage the stewardship matrix and keep track of donor activities.
- Perform administrative tasks including gift processing and managing in-kind donations.
- Track and update the donor database, maintain donor news alerts, and prompt team members to recognize important events in the lives of our donors.
- Contribute your critical thinking skills and creativity to the improvement of process and procedures across the department.
Minimum of 2+ years of development experience including donor prospecting, grant writing, and donor stewardship.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 2+ years of development or sales experience
- Experience in social media communications.
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and a variable workload.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with high standards for performance
- Strong work ethic, initiative, sense of urgency, and the ability to work within a team.
- Critical thinking skills
- A passionate commitment to education equity