Senior Manager, Affinity Giving & Donor Engagement
United Way of the National Capital Area works to create the
opportunity for all members of our community to have a better life.
We focus on the building blocks of a good life — a quality
education, financial stability for individuals and families, and
good health. We bring together the voices, the expertise, and the
resources to define, articulate and implement a common agenda for
change for our region. That is what it means to "Live United" in
the National Capital Area.
This position is responsible for the development and management of comprehensive, integrated, and innovative revenue generation and donor engagement to expand and deepen our relationships with current and prospective supporters through our Affinity groups: Young Philanthropists, Women United & Regional Councils (Loudon County, VA and Alexandria, VA). This position will oversee the daily activities of identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of these Affinity groups, and partner with their Resource Development colleagues to identify a cross section of individual donors to move them through the leadership and annual giving pipeline. Internally this position will work closely with Community Impact Volunteer Engagement to support the implementation of meaningful volunteer engagement opportunities for each affinity group to inspire deeper connection to the mission and programs of United Way NCA.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
Affinity Group Management
• Oversee engagement to recognize, recruit, and engage each donor segment – Young Philanthropists, Women United & Regional Councils.
• Manage leadership committees of each group and serve as the primary staff working with the leadership of each Affinity group.
• Coordinate and manage affiliated events to ensure successful development and execution of program deliverables.
• Communicate clearly, regularly, and effectively with members of each affinity group, to build coordination, teamwork, enthusiasm, and a sense of common purpose.
• In collaboration with the Community Impact Volunteer Engagement team, develop a calendar of annual volunteer opportunities to connect each Affinity Group and Regional Council to the programs and services of United Way NCA.
• Manage a portfolio of approximately 100 current and lapsed Young Philanthropists and Women United donors contributing $1,000+, taking them through the annual moves management cycle of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
• Achieve full giving participation from Regional Council members by providing identified opportunities for support of United Way NCA initiatives in their communities.
• Create annual stewardship plans for Affinity Giving and Regional Council members, reflecting their giving data, areas of interest, and points of entry to the organization.
• In collaboration with the Director, Development Operations & Donor Stewardship and Director, Corporate Engagement develop and implement a moves management process for current individual and workplace campaign donors contributing $1,000+ for engagement with Affinity Groups.
• In collaboration with the VP, Development & Donor Engagement and SVP, Marketing & Fundraising, identify and steward Affinity Group members for the Tocqueville Society, United Way NCA’s major donor giving society.
Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 7 years in individual giving fundraising, with a proven track record of managing a portfolio of donors contributing in $1,000 to $10,000 giving range.
• Proven experience working with volunteer leadership groups, managing an annual moves management calendar of fundraising and donor engagement.
• Able to thrive in a high-performance culture that requires proven results and accountability.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work with diverse audiences externally and communicate opportunities internally.
• Excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of taking projections from ideation to implementation, ensuring consistent meeting of deadlines and efficient processes and procedures.
• Excellent planning and time management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
• Knowledge of fundraising donor bases and Microsoft Office tools.
• Ability to develop and implement plans and analyze business information.
• Understands general business and financial principles to effectively lead, manage and align resources to performance such as pipeline management and forecasting.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve high performance:
· Mission focused – the ability to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
· Relationship oriented –an understanding that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
· Collaborator – understands the role and contribution of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
· Results driven – dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good, creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations.
· Brand steward – a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
· Drives revenue – possess a relentless focus on gaining the resources to support United Way’s mission and community impact strategic objectives.
· Strategic relationship building – develops and maintains strategic relationships that generate the resources necessary to support the mission.
· Effecting and engaging communicator – effective and passionate communicator, articulating the United Way message in a way that inspires other to act in service to the organization and community.
· Entrepreneurial and innovative – creatively seeks new opportunities to generate revenue and other resources that add greater value to the organization and the community.
· Embracing and managing change – champions and facilitates change to ensure long-term community sustainability. Adapts successfully to changing needs while maintaining positive relationships with all constituents, internal and external.
Successful candidate must pass l criminal background and