Donor Relations Officer
TITLE: Donor Relations Officer
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Vice President of Advancement and Chief Development Officer
The Donor Relations Officer will support the implementation of COE’s strategic fundraising plan. The Officer will cultivate, steward, and expand the relationships between the organization and its donors by providing extraordinary service to donors and exceeding expectations in the areas of maintaining and managing donor information. Responsibilities include prospect research, developing and maintaining donor relations strategies, maintaining communications with donors, identifying, and communicating organizational needs for donor support, ensuring proper tracking of donations, timely donor recognition, event, and volunteer management support.
Supervises: Volunteers/Interns as needed
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of three years of progressive development and fundraising experience in a nonprofit setting to include prospect research, donor management and grant writing. Experience with successful donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship required.
- Possess creative and strategic thinking abilities.
- Have agility and be a self-starter.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experienced in managing donor data.
- Effective in developing and managing internal and external relationships to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization who may be able to provide information, assistance and support.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- Attentive to details and quality in accomplishing tasks.
Other: The scope of the job requires occasional travel and attendance at evening and/or weekend activities, meetings, events, seminars, and workshops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieves annual fundraising goals with assigned accounts, including donor participation rates and campaign goals.
- Works with Vice President of Advancement and Chief Development Officer to create solicitation and year-round engagement strategies with assigned accounts that focus on retaining current donors, attracting new donors, and increasing revenue, overall engagement, and ROI.
- Discovers donor giving objectives, identifies opportunities that align with COE’s goal, and works with staff to create engagement initiatives and opportunities.
- Prepares data about donor program for the Vice President of Advancement and Chief Development Officer.
- Maintains donor records which are current and accurate to facilitate outreach, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Promotes an atmosphere of excellent customer service.
- Writes correspondence, proposals, and grant reports.
- Maintains agency forms as required.
- Ensures timely and accurate grant application and report submissions to funders.
- Collaborates with staff on the management and planning of fundraising and donor stewardship events.
- Maintains ongoing communications with donors.
- Develops marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with our marketing department.
- Provides cross-departmental and/or cross-functional support and services as needed or requested to ensure organizational needs are met; participates in related cross-training to ensure consistency and continuity of services and tasks.
- Participates in agency staff meetings and other team meetings as required by supervisor.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Development by working on special projects and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The statements in this description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. Examples of duties or responsibilities are not to be construed as an exhaustive list describing the duties or responsibilities required of personnel so classified. COE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations are provided upon request.
Apply for Donor Relations Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly