Donor Systems and Data Manager
About the Role:
Reporting to Pride Foundation’s Director of Community Engagement, The Donor Systems and Data Manager is responsible for supporting and managing the data and reporting needs of Pride Foundation’s Community Engagement department.
Pride Foundation’s Donor Systems and Data Manager is a key role that organizes, coordinates, supports, and evaluates donor relationships, prospect research, and giving trends, while collaborating across departments. The Donor Systems and Data Manager will be the lead contact for data analytics that informs organizational strategies.
In addition to managing the organization’s fundraising data, this role also supports and cultivates an equitable “culture of philanthropy” at Pride Foundation in which everyone participates in resource mobilization and outreach efforts.
About Pride Foundation
Pride Foundation fuels transformational movements to advance equity and justice for LGBTQ+ people in all communities across the Northwest. We envision a world in which all LGBTQ+ people live safely and openly as our whole selves in the communities we call home.
Founded in 1985, we are the only LGBTQ+ community foundation in the Northwest, and have invested more than $72 million in nonprofit organizations, local leaders, and student scholars through our grants, scholarships, and initiatives. We work in the Northwest states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
As an organization and as individuals, we are committed to anti-racism, and strive to center racial equity in justice throughout our organization and all aspects of our programmatic work.
Pride Foundation has an operating budget of more than $5 million and 16 full-time employees, 6 of whom are fully remote and 10 who are currently remote, but previously worked at our headquarters in Seattle, WA. Pride Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors with 22 members from across the five-state region with diverse professional and personal backgrounds.
Gift Entry, Acknowledgments & Reconciliation (20%)
- Process all contributions made to Pride Foundation and ensure donor gratitude is relayed within 48 hours.
- Generate acknowledgement letters/tax receipts using department template and nonprofit sector best practices.
Donor Database Management (40%)
- Lead all data-focused efforts with a full understanding of the complexity of Pride Foundation's data management systems.
- Coordinate and lead staff training for all database systems and provide ongoing support.
- Lead constituent data entry, management, and query needs of development department.
- Develop systems to ensure that data accuracy and maintain user controls and protocols through thorough data entry and quality control procedures.
- Serve as the liaison to database and gift processing vendors and their technical support.
- Support database volunteers.
Data Analysis & Reporting (15%)
- Consolidate, track, and analyze donor data across all fundraising efforts including bulk digital and mail communications, event invites, constituent outreach, fundraising campaigns, scholarship and grant awards, and volunteer service.
- Using donor analytics, provide data-based input to inform organizational fundraising strategies.
- Track and analyze all bulk digital and mail communications, event invites, constituent outreach, fundraising campaigns, scholarship and grant awards, and volunteer service for trends to inform strategy.
- Collaborate with all staff to develop and generate strategic custom reports and other donor data queries.
- Support planning and strategy for year-end appeal and other campaigns through reporting and analysis of past giving trends.
- Create systems for ongoing tracking of metrics-based fundraising goals and develop monthly reports to monitor progress.
- Assist Director of Finance with monthly reconciliation of pledges receivable and bank account deposit transactions, as well as annual reconciliation of all contributions.
Discovery & Research (5%)
- Conduct prospect research using web-based search tools and internal contact notes, to identify key donor prospects who are mission- and values-aligned.
- Work with staff who serve as relationship managers to create and monitor plans for advancing supporters’ engagement and contributions.
Donor Support Services (10%)
- Serve as a donor ambassador for Pride Foundation’s work and provide support via phone and email for inquiries and requests.
- Provide ongoing support to external stakeholders for Foundant database, including initial rollout.
- Receive, record, and process grant requests from donor advised fundholders.
- Assist with various special projects and donor initiatives as needed.
Organizational Culture and Racial Justice (10%)
- Understand and integrate relevant components of strategic plan and commitment to centering racial justice into individual and team workplan.
- Commit to personal growth, learning, and transformation, taking initiative to expand your understanding of racial justice and related principles, issues, and practice and how they apply to your, and our work.
- Meaningfully participate in caucus groups, organizational learning sessions, and other opportunities to shape our organizational culture.
- Work to acknowledge, address, and eliminate individual, institutional, and structural racism and its intersections with other forms of oppression in your and our work.
- Actively participate in evolving the organizational culture at Pride Foundation to be mission-focused, inclusive, values-aligned, and community-centered.
- Grow and apply the skills and practices needed to create an inclusive organizational culture including (but not limited to): clear and kind communication, giving and receiving feedback, mutual accountability, and self-care and boundaries.
- Contribute to developing a culture of philanthropy at Pride Foundation by incorporating friend and fund raising as appropriate throughout work.
Key Skills and Experience
Pride Foundation is committed to building a racially just, equitable, and inclusive environment through all levels of the organization. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated understanding and experience working on issues related to racial, LGTBQ+, gender, economic, and reproductive justice, and working in communities comprised of diverse people.
In addition, these are key skills and experience important for this role:
- Demonstrated commitment to Pride Foundation’s mission and racial justice.
- At least three years of experience with donor databases or Content Relationship Management systems, including: gift processing, record updates, user administration, and reporting.
- Experience with training staff at all levels of user skill and interest.
- Highly competent with a leading donor or customer management software program, as well as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Analytic thinker who identifies efficiencies, areas for improvement, and data trends
- A commitment to providing quality stewardship to all Pride Foundation constituents, and the ability to develop a positive working relationship with staff, volunteers, board members, donors, and community supporters.
- Flexibility to work some evenings, weekends, and occasionally travel.
- Experience working with LGBTQ+ communities and issues in the Northwest.
Salary and Benefits
Pride Foundation determines its staff salaries using the Washington Nonprofit Wage & Benefit Annual Survey. Each salary is based on the average of similar positions in organizations of comparable size and are competitive for the field. For this position, the salary range is $58,000 – $62,000, depending on experience.
Excellent employer-paid benefits: medical (includes coverage of gender-confirming health services and procedures), dental, and vision coverage along with disability insurance, employer retirement account contribution, and option for employee to invest in an individual retirement account.
Pride Foundation is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment and to building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities who are underrepresented in the field of philanthropy are encouraged to apply. Consideration will be given for all locations within the 5-state region we work in.
Send letter of interest and resume to: Jedidiah Chavez, Director of Community Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Donor Systems and Data Manager” in the subject line of your email. In your letter of interest, please address these questions:
- What draws you to this role in particular?
- What makes you want to work at Pride Foundation? How do your personal values and commitments align with our work?
- How have your background, skills, and experience prepared you for this role?
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications by May 21, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The ideal candidate would be available to start in this role late-July, 2021, although official start date is flexible.
For more information about Pride Foundation, please visit our website: www.pridefoundation.org.
Apply for Donor Systems and Data Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly