Location: Flexible (IDinsight office preferred)
IDinsight seeks an enthusiastic and tenacious full-time Development Specialist to join our Global Fundraising function.
You will work directly with a Founding Partner to build and drive an effective fundraising practice that will provide rocket fuel for the organization’s impact. This function is relatively new at IDinsight, allowing you to take an active role in shaping the direction and strategy of pursuits. In this role, you will support prospective funder identification, donor management, needs analysis from our regional and project teams, design and delivery of fundraising strategies, and senior leadership coaching in their funding relationships.
IDinsight helps leaders combat poverty worldwide by designing, deploying and promoting evidence-generating tools. We tailor the best methodologies to partner needs and constraints to fuse evidence with action. We serve governments, NGOs, foundations and social businesses across Africa and Asia in all major program areas including health, education, agriculture, livelihoods, finance, energy and governance. As a non-profit, we are laser-focused on enabling maximum social impact to improve millions of lives. Our approach rests on four pillars:
- Rigorous: We develop and use a wide-range of cutting-edge data and evidence tools, including experimental evaluations, monitoring systems, data analytics and visualization, process evaluations, machine learning and more.
- Cost-effective: Every dollar spent is justified by expected impact. If funds could be better used in another way, we say so.
- Timely: Actionable information is delivered in time for client decision-making deadlines.
- Demand-driven: We deploy solutions tailored to partner contexts and needs with no competing agendas.
Our diverse, growing team of outstanding colleagues operate in nearly two dozen countries around the world. Learn more about our mission and values at www.IDinsight.org.
About the Development Specialist role
As part of the Global Fundraising team, this role will work hand-in-hand with a Founding Partner and closely with our CEO. There will be regular contact with all the members of senior leadership.Responsibilities
- Ideate with Founding Partner to plan immediate, medium, and long-term funding goals including brand-building and developing new channels for support
- Manage a diverse portfolio of 100+ major donors, including individuals, foundations, and corporate partners
- Drive a new prospect identification workstream, e.g. identifying high net-worth individuals aligned with IDinsight work
- Research and develop strategies for donor outreach, acquisition, and cultivation. This may include designing and organizing engagement events for priority funders
- Join the Founding Partner and/or the CEO on prospect and client development calls where appropriate
- Manage and evolve systems for all Fundraising operations including CRM
- Develop data-driven analyses and recommendations to bolsterFundraising’s performance
- Lead the development of grant proposals, reports, and other donor communication
- Monitor and track news in the philanthropy field
- Work cross-functionally with Finance, Communications, and Executive teams
- Bachelor’s in Communications, Non-Profit Management, Business, Global/Development Studies, or other related field
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience in nonprofit fundraising is required, ideally with both foundations and individuals. Familiarity with global development funding ecosystems is a plus
- Self-driven, creative generator of ideas
- Strong business writing abilities, especially in grant proposals and donor communication
- Expert organizer and highly attentive to detail
- Excellent verbal communicator and ability/energy to build rapport and connections
- Demonstrated track record as an entrepreneurial self-starter and leader, comfortable with dynamic environments and workstreams
- A builder who enjoys charting new paths, and who is passionate about the power of data and philanthropy to improve lives
- Strong references
Skill and career development are core to IDinsight's values and long-term impact strategy, and have been noted highlights of teammates’ experiences. IDinsighters receive significant mentorship from IDinsight leadership, support from talented peers, and are given considerable autonomy when ready. They maintain professional development plans and are given "stretch" opportunities designed to strengthen a variety of skills. Real-time feedback is embedded in our culture and formal, structured enable maximum professional growth.Nuts and Bolts Location
The location for this position in IDinsight is flexible and/or remote with a strong preference to be based in one of our offices. We can sponsor employment permits/visas for some locations. We cannot sponsor for the U.S.Compensation
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with relevant experience and background, and competitive within the social sector.Start Date
The start date of this position is ideally in June 2021. We expect a 2 year minimum commitment, with regular professional development conversations and potential for a long-term career at IDinsight.
How to Apply
Please click on "apply" to apply for this job online. The application asks various questions in order for us to get to know you, and requires a CV and cover letter. Applications are due 15 May 2021. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The hiring process will include a written exercise at later stages. References will be requested for finalists.
More information, including spotlights of current and past IDinsighters, can be found online at IDinsight Careers. Any questions should be directed to careers@IDinsight.org. IDinsight is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create a diverse and supportive workplace.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Philanthropic Advisors jobs in San Francisco
- Annual Fund Philanthropic Advisors jobs in San Francisco
- Capital Campaigns Philanthropic Advisors jobs in San Francisco
- Corporate and Foundation Relations Philanthropic Advisors jobs in San Francisco
- Donor Relations Philanthropic Advisors jobs in San Francisco