University Advancement Human Resource and Talent Management Officer
This position is responsible for hiring, organizational behavior, training and talent growing, retention, productivity, and return on investment in partnership with human resources.
The person in this position will
- Develop and maintain comprehensive, strategic approaches to attracting, screening, interviewing, and persuading talented and capable prospective hires to join our division and then growing, staying, and producing in concert with the mission and passion of our organization.
- Streamline the hiring, onboarding, and offboarding processes ensuring the most appropriate offers and acceptances occur for new team members while encouraging and supporting the four major initiatives of a strong talent management initiative including acquisition, organizational development, and talent transition, talent development, and retention.
- Develop and maintain, in conjunction with Advancement Communications, a communication strategy that includes devices such as a newsletter with open positions, promotions, and recent hires with pictures in order to enhance a sense of community and an informed workforce.
- Develop and assign “launch teams” for each new individual so they can get a leg up on the politics, culture, mechanisms for getting things done and have the ability to ask in a confidential setting workplace questions.
- Develop and maintain programs for talent retention and engagement.
- Serve as the Division HR resource interpreting policies and procedures for Department Managers and Supervisors.
UNCG participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.