Personal Attributes Ideal Candidate will Possess
- Ability to hold self and others accountable.
- Able to view issues from multiple perspectives.
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout all facets of the organization.
- Diplomacy, prudence, and good judgment.
- Impeccable integrity.
- A sense of humility.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- The ability to think critically, make decisions, and follow through with plans.
- The ability to inspire a team of people to work together toward a common goal.
- Trustworthy, measured, respectful, tactful, and empathetic.
- A healthy sense of humor.
Behavioral and Professional Competencies Ideal Candidate will Exhibit
- Business Acumen – Must possess a high-level of broad business and management skills and be able to effectively manage the financial resources of the organization.
- Results-Drive – Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Mission-Focused – Committed to building and maintaining an organization that puts the mission above all else and striving to accomplish the vision of Imagine.
- Visionary – Confronts the complex realities of the environment and simultaneously maintains faith in a healthy future, providing purpose, direction, and motivation.
- Team Builder – Ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right times; fostering commitment, trust, and collaboration among multi-cultural leaders and stakeholders.
- Resource Development – Provides the leadership that is necessary in identifying and cultivating financial support from all sources, traditional and non-traditional, that can be mobilized for organizational impact.
- Collaborator – Understand the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Relationship-Oriented – Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Network-Oriented – Values the power of networks; serving to leverage the organization’s breadth of community presence, relationships, and strategy.
- Governance – Understands non-profit governance and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Volunteer-Oriented – Values and understand the role volunteers play in the success of Imagine’s programs and services.
- Brand-Steward – Is a steward of the Imagine brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation of the organization in the community.
Under the general direction of the policies adopted by the Imagine Board of Trustees, the Executive Director oversees and directs all operational aspects of Imagine ensuring that the delivery of services is consistent with the mission and strategic vision of Imagine and as outlined by the Bylaws of the Corporation. The Executive Director is expected to enable and ensure the success, viability, and relevance of the organization through developing excellent working relationships with staff, volunteers, community partners, donors, and all stakeholders. The Executive Director provides leadership and supervision of staff and oversees successful development activities, and strong budgetary and financial controls.
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Partner with the Board to develop and implement short- and long-term strategic plans.
- Recommend programs that embrace the evolving landscape of grief support services.
- Utilize advances in technology to provide for more efficient delivery of services.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of operations to effectively meet the mission and vision.
- Serve as a non-voting member of the Imagine Board of Trustees.
- Provide regular, comprehensive, and accurate reporting of Imagine’s organizational status to the Board of Trustees.
- Establish and adhere to necessary operational policies and procedures to successfully meet the mission of Imagine.
Development and Outreach
- Partner with the Board of Trustees and Development team to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising and outreach plan and strategy that is comprehensive and provides for the wide-reaching needs of Imagine’s programs and services.
- Nurture and maintain good working relationships with current and new funding sources to ensure financial stability and growth.
- Identify and secure new sources of funding commensurate with the strategic needs of the organization.
- Identify and build relationships with like-minded organizations across the end of life and bereavement support field.
- Identify and build strategic relationships with leaders of other like-minded non-profit organizations.
- In partnership with the Founder, represent Imagine at national
gatherings, conferences, and events to ensure that Imagine has a
presence and is known throughout the community, State, and
Financial Management and Reporting
- Develop and oversee the annual operating budget and annual financial statement audit/tax, in close coordination with the Board Treasurer and Finance Committee.
- Provide monthly status reports to the Board of Trustees including a detailed income statement, balance sheet, cash flows, and performance to the budget to be approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Partner with the Finance Committee to review and update financial policies and procedures as needed to ensure proper checks and balances and financial management of Imagine funds.
- In conjunction with the Imagine Board, maintain adequate
operational financial reserves at all times.
Personnel Management and Leadership
- Develop overall staffing plan commensurate with organizational needs, mission, and vision and consistent with revenues.
- Demonstrate strong leadership of a culture of accountability, results orientation, and operational efficiency.
- Evaluate and update staff job descriptions as needed to ensure that the needs of programs and operations are met.
- Set personal employee goals and conduct regular staff performance appraisals with a focus on employee growth and development.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Trustees regarding new staff positions as needed.
- Recruit, interview and select candidates as needed and ensure
diversity, inclusion, and equity
Communications and Public Relations
- Partner with the Board of Trustees, Founder, and volunteers to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing, communications, and outreach plan and strategy for Imagine.
- Develop and manage message content and dissemination using various communication channels including electronic and traditional media.
- Serve as spokesperson for the organization, and collaborate with Founder, representing the programs and point of view of the organization with media, allied agencies, and the general public.
- 5 - 8 years serving in a leadership position within a non-profit organization required.
- PhD/PsyD/Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree considered with appropriate experience.
- Clinical experience and knowledge supporting bereaved children, teenagers, and families preferred.
- Strong, proven track record in successful financial management and results.
- Strong general business acumen.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to inspire positive interaction and teamwork among staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion across organizations at all levels.
- Proven commitment to staff retention, staff development and the ability to create a caring, professional, respectful workplace culture.
- Demonstrated track record in securing major funding, implementing successful fundraising programs, and leading high-level development activities.
Typical Physical Demands
- Occasional standing, walking, lifting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent sitting.
- Manual dexterity.
- Good reading eyesight and vision for close work.
- Ability to communicate by speaking and hearing in person or on the phone.
Apply for Executive Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly