Director of Prospect Management & Analytics
Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh is interested in candidates who, through their experience and collaborations, will contribute to diversity and excellence of the Carnegie Museums community.
The Director of Prospect Management and
Analytics leads all efforts around prospect
identification, portfolio management and donor research to support
the ambitious fundraising goals set for Carnegie Museums of
Pittsburgh. Using their own expertise and industry best practices,
the Director will refine and develop policies, processes and
workflows for prospect research and portfolio management from all
revenue generating streams. The Director is responsible for
building a robust donor pipeline while optimizing portfolio
assignments to position all frontline fundraisers for success. The
Director will ensure that prospect and donor data is properly
maintained and coded within our current CRM and will use this data
to produce improved reports highlighting fundraising KPIs and
performance metrics that will help inform development leaders’
strategies. The Director will supervise a team of 2+ staff and will
need to build strong relationships with all teams and leadership
across the organization who are working toward revenue generation
for Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh.
Experience: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s
preferred, and 7+ years of relevant prospect management and
research experience in a non-profit setting or similar
industry. Progressive experience in data analytics,
comprehensive biographical or genealogical research and/or
financial analysis. Experience leveraging predictive
Knowledge, skills, and
abilities: Proven track record of managing teams
in both in-person and virtual environments. Strong
analytical, problem-solving and research skills. Ability to foster
a collaborative, customer-oriented working environment. Ability to
manipulate, analyze and synthesize data using data warehousing and
mining tools. Experience in data analysis and interpretation;
ability to translate information into reports and
presentations. Solid computer skills in a PC environment
and high proficiency using donor databases (Raiser’s Edge
experience preferred. Excellent skills in the functional use of
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams;
SharePoint a plus). Record of showing initiative and
independently setting up effective systems and workflows that meet
outcome expectations in quality and timeliness.
Comprehensive knowledge of the latest prospecting and research
tools and systems (WealthX, ResearchPoint, LexisNexis, Noza
etc…). Ability to handle confidential and sensitive
information with integrity, maturity and good judgement.
Portfolio Optimization and Moves Management
- Oversee all aspects of the prospect management system. Develop and implement comprehensive policies and procedures to ensure quality and consistency across all activities related to prospect research and management.
- Provide and monitor the overall strategic direction of the museums’ prospect strategy and management in partnership with development leadership and gift officers to plan cultivation and solicitation strategies for donors and prospects.
- Create and implement portfolio management, including a system to track gift officer metrics and manage information about prospect interaction for frontline fundraisers.
- Assess and assign donors and prospects for front-line fundraisers. Lead monthly moves management meetings and portfolio reviews to monitor performance metrics and ensure that actions, strategies and revenue projections are being accurately uploaded to the database.
- Establish prospect pipeline guidelines and workflows that ensure a steady flow of new prospects while working with portfolio managers to move assignments through the donor cycle.
- Customize pipeline strategies for principal giving prospects to better identify and strategize next steps.
- Ensure that the research team is providing strong prospects with the highest potential for leadership and major giving and then quickly and efficiently make the proper portfolio assignments after prospects are qualified.
- Recalibrate portfolios as needed to maximize performance and elevate the highest priority prospects for management.
Provide meaningful metrics for fundraising activities.
- Ensure that the data in the prospect management and development research modules of the CRM are accurate and relevant.
Prospect Identification and Research
- Ensure that current research activities are aligned with organizational priorities and revenue goals. Assess current prospecting procedures and research queue and make recommendations to improve existing processes. Create structures to better visualize network connections and relationships that will allow us to identify strong potential prospects with the help of volunteer engagement.
- Ensure highest quality standards and set team metrics based on expertise and industry best practices
- Work with leadership and gift officers to ensure that fundraising initiatives have sufficient prospects to meet fundraising goals.
- Supervises all on-going wealth screening initiatives.
Management and Budget
- Monitor the budget for the prospect management and research team and inform recommendations to ensure that the organization is positioned for fundraising success.
- Manage processes related to museum fundraising plans, including data entry and management in the database.
- Manage and support all members of the prospect management and research team focused on creating development plans for each staff member, providing mentorship and identifying professional training opportunities. Oversee all hiring and onboarding for the team.
- Define long term vision for team structures and responsibilities that align with goals and priorities. Ensure that the team’s structure can support the constituent management and research needs across all revenue generating teams.
- Co-design and develop data systems, workflows, and processes that are relevant and actionable for teams across the department to continuously improve and evaluate impact.
- Collaborate with analytics team members to use qualitative and quantitative data to monitor progress, identify trends and derive insights about the organization’s performance.
- Work with museum leadership to create a data driven narrative to share with stakeholders.
- Co-develop and present creative solutions to communicate complex data and research findings through visualizations, presentations and infographics.
- Ensure that the strategic plan, performance measurement reports, analytical insights and other resources are communicated across the organization
The following PA Act 153 clearances, or proof of application of clearances, are required beginning employment and as a condition of continued employment:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
- FBI Fingerprint Criminal Background Check
Obtaining the required clearances is completed as part of the
new hire process.
The above job description reflects the essential functions and qualifications for the position identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. The job description does not constitute an employment contract and does not alter the at-will relationship between CMP and the employee.