Vice President, Philanthropy
Position: Vice President, Philanthropy
Group: Professional Services
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
Type: Full-time, work from home
Compensation: $130,000 to $170,000, based on experience
Open through: May 21, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. EDT
Tessitura Network is seeking an experienced Vice President, Philanthropy who will create and lead a comprehensive strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial philanthropy program that will propel Tessitura’s mission to advance the business of arts and culture. The VP Philanthropy will be responsible for inventing and fostering a culture of philanthropy and stewardship within the organization and the execution of all philanthropic enterprises.
Tessitura is a respected technology, service and community non-profit that has evolved over its 20-year history into a force for good in the business of arts and culture. We believe that strong cultural organizations must be part of the fabric of any thriving community. This is a unique opportunity to join Tessitura at a critical moment in our history, as we look to fulfill our mission to enable and inspire cultural organizations of all sizes to achieve their goals. The VP Philanthropy will join a high-performing leadership team dedicated to our mission and vision, as we work toward a day when every person in every community we serve has arts and culture as a meaningful part of their life.
We look to the VP Philanthropy to develop relationships with organizations and individuals who can help us fortify cultural organizations in the communities we serve. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, working closely with the President & CEO and Board of Trustees, the VP Philanthropy will be central to the development of an important new effort to fund programs that directly benefit the arts and culture sector worldwide.
The VP Philanthropy will serve as advocate and partner within the Tessitura team on crafting programs, providing industry insights, and supporting strategic initiatives. As Tessitura continues to center diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion in every aspect of our business, the VP Philanthropy will be an active participant and leader in amplifying our inclusivity work with our funding partners and the industry.
The VP Philanthropy will represent Tessitura to national and international foundations, corporations, individuals, and government entities to support our mission and members. We expect the VP Philanthropy to successfully raise $1M - $3M annually in support of our mission and programs.
Vice President, Philanthropy Responsibilities
- Support and partner with the CEO & President, Chief Strategy Officer, and board members on all major fundraising initiatives, including the development of a comprehensive case for support for specific organizational initiatives and general philanthropic support of Tessitura’s business model and mission.
- Collaborate with the CEO, Chief Strategy Officer, and internal stakeholders to develop and implement transformational philanthropic strategy which seeks appropriate corporate, foundation, state/national agency grants and gifts.
- Responsible for development and cultivation of all philanthropic relationships, creation of resonant proposals, monitoring and reporting to external stakeholders on the impact of their gifts, and stewarding future giving.
- Oversee and research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position the Foundation ahead of major funding changes or trends.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors.
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program.
- 10+ years of applicable philanthropic field experience
- Outstanding and proven executive abilities in planning, communicating, and executing comprehensive philanthropic strategy to achieve goals.
- Deep and direct knowledge of the national and international philanthropic funding communities and best practices in major gift philanthropy.
- Experience as a relationship builder with corporations and foundations, with a proven track record of front-line fundraising process, including cultivating, soliciting and closing major gifts in the six and seven figure range.
- Demonstrated experience working with stakeholder groups in complex settings, managing change, and working across divisions within an organization and its Board. An ability to quickly engender respect while building an organizational understanding of the role of philanthropy in an earned revenue-driven model.
- Ability to think strategically, and to translate strategy into targeted goals and actions with demonstrated success in creating a culture of transformational philanthropy.
- Polished communication skills with the ability to craft and articulate nuanced, sophisticated cases for support to diverse, global audiences and constituents.
- A passion for the importance of arts and culture in society