Associate, Program Operations, CityWorks DC
Organization Overview: CityWorks DC is an entrepreneurial, non-profit venture currently being incubated at CityBridge Education. CityWorks DC’s mission is to reshape education-to-employment pathways in Washington, D.C. in order to dramatically increase the number of young people who secure the family-sustaining jobs available in our growing regional economy. Our vision is that all young people who graduate from D.C. high schools have the “social mobility trifecta”: 1) valuable certifications and credentials, 2) paid, relevant work experience, and 3) a supportive professional network (i.e., social capital). We are grounded by our core values, including impatience in the face of oppression, trust in the potential inherent in all young people, and the conviction that unlocking that promise requires imagining new possibilities to disrupt structural inequities.
Job Overview: The Program Operations Associate will support the day-to-day activities of CityWorks DC programs, including CareerWise DC, the CityWorks DC Transition Program, and other initiatives related to apprenticeship and workforce development. Key responsibilities will include supporting team communication by phone, email, and mail; managing the team calendar; executing the logistics of program events, virtual or in-person; and providing administrative support to ensure smooth programmatic operations. The Associate will also support our team operations by managing budget reconciliation, updating data tracking platforms, and developing internal administrative systems and processes.
The Associate will be extremely comfortable managing a variety of daily tasks with a keen eye for detail and organization. They will be willing to take on unanticipated responsibilities when needed and will always follow-through to ensure that team operations and logistics are seamless. Moreover, the Associate will communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in a culturally competent manner. They will be enthusiastic when working with youth and adults alike and will be highly responsive to inquiries and requests from program participants, school and corporate partners, and other nonprofit entities. Finally, the Associate will navigate technological platforms such as Zoom, Google Meet, WebEx, Expensify, Salesforce, and more with ease, troubleshooting issues and providing support to team members and program participants as needed.
- Program Coordination and Administrative Support
- Support CityWorks DC programs by managing some day-to-day operations, including scheduling, meeting coordination, providing programmatic updates, and responding to inquiries by phone and email
- Execute work plan to ensure seamless operations and logistics for CareerWise DC and Career Bridge programs
- Collect, organize, and manage key resource lists and provide information and support to program participants
- Support team budget management, including tracking expenses, reconciling reports, leading procurement, and following up with transactions as needed
- Provide miscellaneous administrative support to CityWorks DC program team members as needed, including unanticipated tasks or projects
- Data Tracking and Technology Management (20%)
- Support the setup, management, and troubleshooting of CRMs or online portals (e.g., Salesforce and Mailchimp) and ensure technology is working smoothly for CityWorks DC staff and other stakeholders
- Update data collection and tracking as required by program partners and funders; regularly confirm that all information is accurate and up-to-date through data entry
- Coordinate with partners such as CareerWise USA to ensure best practices
- Event Planning and Community Outreach (15%)
- Coordinate virtual and in-person events with partner organizations, employers, schools, students, and families for program recruitment and onboarding
- Manage webinar or meeting calendar information on Zoom, WebEx, Google Meet
- Oversee any travel logistics, including managing reservations and itineraries when in-person activity resumes
- Deep commitment to achieving racial equity and the belief in the promise inherent in all people
- Interest in, passion for, or desire to learn about education and workforce-related topics
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience completing administrative tasks, executing work plans, or managing daily operations
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, forward-looking nonprofit environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Excellent time management and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks or projects at once
- Strong verbal and written communication skills on email, phone, and in-person
- Excellent skills in the Google Suite and Microsoft Office; comfort using or quickly learning case management tracking or data collection software such as Salesforce; comfort using or quickly learning other administrative/operational systems such as Expensify and more
- Initiative and proactive problem-solving skills, including the willingness to take on unexpected tasks and responsibilities
Due to the pandemic, the CityWorks DC team will be fully remote through at least August 2021. However, we anticipate a return to in-person programmatic activities once it is deemed safe by public health authorities. Therefore, we require the ability to report in-person to our offices in Washington, DC once we resume in-person operations.
This is a full-time position with a starting salary band of $45,000 - $55,000. We offer very competitive benefits, including healthcare, vision, dental, and 401(k) with employer matching. We also offer generous paid time off. To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in joining CityWorks DC and your relevant experience managing operational and administrative duties.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Our goal is to ensure an inclusive work environment where everyone feels equally valued and respected. We understand the importance of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize learning and reflection within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.