Institutional Giving Manager
St. Ann’s Warehouse, an award-winning presenter of international and American avant-garde theater and music, seeks a full-time, friendly, and highly motivated individual who works well in a creative milieu. The Institutional Giving Manager is an integral member of a development team whose primary responsibilities involve all aspects of government, foundation, and corporate giving. The Institutional Giving Manager collaborates with all departments on the conception and implementation of fundraising campaigns, from researching and writing grants to cultivating donor relationships. The manager is a strong communicator, capable of exemplary writing and persuasive articulation of St. Ann’s mission and programming. This individual works well with government and foundation leaders to further the organization’s ability to raise money while matching cause to project in service to the greater good of our society. The position requires knowledge, commitment, and prior experience in the field of institutional grantmaking.
Grant Management Responsibilities
- Works with Executive/Artistic leadership and Director of External Affairs to assess and develop fundraising goals and strategies around programming and operational needs;
- Prepares materials for proposals including data, budgets, marketing materials, and work samples;
- Prepares timely reports to funders at end of fiscal year/grant period;
- Researches and develops current and upcoming grant opportunities evaluates and reports the viable results;
- Collaborates on opening nights, special events, and galas, attending to corporate and institutional donors;
- Is proficient or trainable in Spektrix, St. Ann’s integrated donor, box office and list management system, managing institutional profiles, running reports, and preparing research profiles on prospects and donors;
- Produces receipts and individualized acknowledgment letters for all institutional gifts.
Essential Skills, Abilities and Requirements
- Three to five years of grant writing and institutional development experience;
- Strong writing skills with the ability to take artistic and organizational concepts and build convincing fundraising arguments;
- Experience and love of the performing arts;
- Understanding of the organization's overall mission, goals, and objectives;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills; ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and produce quality results with attention to detail;
- Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and work under pressure;
- Experience in grant compliance and outcome measurement;
- Knowledge of strategic planning; non-profit budgeting and reporting;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Ability to work within a team and provide support.
Compensation / Benefits
Salary range $60,000-$75,000; commensurate with experience and excellent benefits. Please email a cover letter, resume, three references, and three relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. St. Ann’s Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Institutional Giving Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly