Annual Fund Manager
Rare Book School, a 501.c.3 educational nonprofit affiliated with the University of Virginia, is accepting applications for the role of Annual Fund Manager, a new position, to help support the School’s fundraising operations as we embark upon the public phase of our most ambitious campaign to date. The successful candidate will help develop and execute direct, multi-channel fundraising strategies; engage with donors and prospects in person, by phone, and through digital platforms to cultivate, solicit, and steward for annual contributions; provide support for all donor relations activities; and maintain various advancement services workflows. The Annual Fund Manager will report directly to the Director of Development.
- Creates and manages multi-channel fundraising efforts (print, digital, phone, and social media) that support donor retention, renewal, and acquisition of Annual Fund donors
- Identifies, engages, solicits, and stewards annual giving donors and prospects, with agreed upon targeted yearly goals; may travel to visit prospective and current annual giving donors
- Tracks results of solicitations, compiling data, and assisting with analysis to measure progress towards organizational goals
- Builds and schedules fundraising emails in Mailchimp
- Stays current on annual giving best practices and maximizes use of data and other resources to make strategic recommendations and implementations
- Contributes to gift acknowledgement process and helps assure that all donations are properly documented and stewarded
- Participates in regular prospect strategy and portfolio review sessions
- Assesses Annual Fund donors’ giving history and philanthropic capacity to create and build pipeline between annual, major, and planned giving
- Researches current and prospect donors, and compiles briefings for self and leadership
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some experience in fundraising or related field, preferably with an academic library, cultural heritage organization, or other nonprofit organization
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate information to the public
- Ability to exercise sound judgment independently when responding to inquiries and interacting with donors, alumni, faculty, volunteers, staff, and vendors
- Skill in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously and remain cognizant of deadlines and schedules
- Strong personal and professional integrity
- Ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds, training, and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop/Acrobat, and/or Mailchimp
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Advance, and/or other fundraising databases
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed, and to travel; must have a valid driver’s license
This is a full-time, exempt, benefited position. Starting salary ranges from $40,000 to $45,000, depending on the successful applicant’s experience and relevant expertise. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; long-term disability; 403b retirement plan, including employer’s matching contribution up to 5% (after one year); one free Rare Book School course per year; and flexible work hours.
To apply, applicants should send a cover letter addressing the topics below, a resumé, and up to three writing samples (preferably related to fundraising activities) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please address in your cover letter (1) your competency and experience in regard to the responsibilities and desired qualifications, (2) why you are interested in working for Rare Book School, and (3) when you would be available to begin, either remotely (until able to coordinate a move) or in Charlottesville, VA. Applications will be reviewed until the position has been filled.
Please note that although RBS staff is working remotely during the pandemic, the successful candidate will need to be present for in-office work in Charlottesville once public-health conditions make this a safe option.
Rare Book School is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
Apply for Annual Fund Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly