Director of Product Development (Mid-Major Gifts) - Remote Opportunity
The Director of Product Development (Mid-Major Gifts) innovates, develops and manages our global product portfolio to equip Compassion fundraising teams to serve donors at all levels around the world. This Director manages Compassion’s existing product portfolio in order to enable fundraising teams in 15+ countries to improve donor experience, grow donor impact, and increase donor quantity. The incumbent is responsible for understanding and prioritizing donor segments, gaining insight on donor needs, and using that understanding to define product strategy and develop a complete pipeline of compelling opportunities for donors to participate in the mission of releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name. This leader manages a team of product developers, and collaborates with Program and internal functions to meet programmatic priorities, and to build and communicate a solid case for support.
What will you do?
What will you do?
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Provides leadership and development to direct reports. Works with staff to foster an environment of professional growth, in alignment with compassion’s strategies and objectives. Consult with peer management and senior leaders to successfully align departmental resources and priorities across Compassion.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Leads product management efforts for a product group globally to deliver on customer expectations. This includes development and management of product strategy, product definition and messaging, product KPIs, operational service metrics, shared commitments and pricing strategy.
- Oversees product development to continuously increase relevancy and value for a global product group. Ensures in-depth and dynamic customer understanding to guide rapid-cycle experimentation.
- Negotiates with cross-functional leaders to help direct product innovation strategy and roadmap.
- Leads the implementation of product initiatives including improvements of existing products, development of new products, and marketing of changes to internal stakeholders as well as external supporters and customers.
- Through subordinate managers and professionals, enable cross-functional teams to successfully develop, manage, and market the products within a particular product group. This includes coordinating with cross-functional leaders and teams to guide product development and marketing strategy. Marketing enablement efforts include the creation of marketing resources and tool kits to guide both on-going product marketing as well as the launch of product improvements and new product initiatives.
- Collaborate with a wide-spectrum of leaders across functions (such as Program, IT, Finance, and Operations) to influence product management, development, and marketing efforts. Further ensure sharing of product marketing learning across cross-functional teams and facilitate the implementation of best practices.
- Held accountable for the performance of a product group with global scope and impact. Leads strategy and tactics to ensure the product group meets ministry expectations as well as supporter and stakeholder expectations.
- Establish a collaborative and service-oriented partnership with supporter-facing teams across Compassion's global organization, understanding the similarities and differences across geographies and developing an insightful understanding of the diverse group of supporters including individual supporters, major donors, and churches.
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b) retirement fund on top of your salary, excellent healthcare coverage, free short-term professional counseling, and more.
- Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.
Apply for Director of Product Development (Mid-Major Gifts) - Remote Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly