Senior Manager, Gift Administration
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas, and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Donor Operations team is seeking a driven, organized, and detail-oriented Senior Manager, Gift Administration to lead a team responsible for processing and recording 400,000 + transactions annually into our database of record (Raiser’s Edge), posting transactions to the general ledger (Financial Edge), overseeing donor receipting/acknowledgement, and reconciling all transactional data with the Finance department. The Senior Manager is also responsible for implementing and managing systems and processes for meeting the logistical and operational needs of the fundraising staff at Share Our Strength.
The Senior Manager will provide internal expertise on gift acceptance policies and procedures as well as IRS rules regarding recording and receipting charitable gifts. Additional responsibilities include oversight and management of the daily workflow and priorities of two Donor Operations team members, serving as the main liaison between Donor Operations and Finance, initiating projects to strengthen internal operations with an eye toward efficiency, facilitating timely reconciliation and closings, and backing up the Director, as needed.
Range for offers: $82,000 - $91,900.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as first point of contact for all incoming revenue to the organization – includes oversight of cash flow processes for all incoming revenue, including batching gifts, managing gift coding assignment – including proper designation of campaigns, fund and appeals – and managing gift booking procedures.
- Work closely with the Finance team and gift officers to ensure compliance with internal policies and IRS regulations for charitable gifts. Oversee maintenance of appropriate records of batches, paper files, and other records related to contributions, in accordance with both IRS and Share Our Strength guidelines.
- Provide expertise on gift acceptance policies and procedures and ensure accuracy of all gift/donation records and deposits.
- Manage relationship with lockbox caging vendor, oversee quality control of caging direct key entry into RE NXT. Perform various quality assurance process checks on gift data entered into Raiser’s Edge by internal staff and external caging vendor.
- Analyze and lead efforts to build new processes and workflows to support acceptance and receipting of gifts from new vehicles/platforms in collaboration with other stakeholders, including gift entry and receipting procedures, coding processes, and quality control standards.
- Generate daily and monthly financial reports for review by the Finance department. Provide various financial reports to fundraising staff on a regular basis.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the annual audit, alongside the Finance Department.
- Post all recorded transactions and adjustments to the Financial Edge database.
- In partnership with the Senior Accounting Manager, serve as main point of contact for monthly financial reconciliation between Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge, and adjust and reclass transactions as needed.
- Lead Donor Operations team staff – directly oversee two Donor Operations team members.
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Database Administration and the Director, Fundraising Systems & Research to manage the coding of appeals and solicitations in Raiser’s Edge.
- Regularly interact with and train all fundraising teams, and troubleshoot any issues relating to gifts, gift coding, adjustments, or receipting.
- Assist with database entry, queries, reports, imports, and exports, as needed.
- Maintain all policies & procedures manuals for the Donor Operations department and update as necessary.
- Update and maintain job knowledge by participating in educational and professional development opportunities; monitor industry trends; recommend changes to staff roles and responsibilities to follow best practices and meet changing needs and support innovative fundraising initiatives.
- Partner with colleagues to support Share Our Strength's work to be a diverse and inclusive organization, and ensuring this value is embedded in the organization and throughout our work.
- Ability to work during the December holidays between December 26th and January 1st.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required, and 5 - 8 years of relevant work experience, preferably in non-profit operations, accounting, or finance.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT or other CRM. Experience with financial accounting software preferred: Blackbaud Luminate (Convio) and Financial Edge/FE NXT experience are a plus. Strong MS Office skills (especially Excel) strongly preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software specific to the department or institution and train users on database and gift processing policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of applicable IRS regulations regarding philanthropic contributions and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience overseeing lockbox caging operations.
- Strong knowledge of gift processing procedures, established record of database management, fundraising processes, and donor relations.
- 3+ years of people management experience required.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and quantitative analytical skills.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under pressure and independently; able to consider processes end-to-end and anticipate downstream effects.
- Excellent attention to detail, and very strong organizational skills, and strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Proven ability to excel in a team environment.
- Demonstrated interest in anti-hunger and anti-poverty issues.
At Share our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to eliminate childhood hunger. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results. This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that each child in America has food where they Live, Learn, and Play.