Director of Financial Development, YMCA of Metuchen Edison Woodbridge & South Amboy - NJ
The Financial Development Director provides leadership in financial development to advance the YMCAs mission through annual giving, government and foundation grants, endowment bequests and gifts and capital campaigns. The Director of Financial Development works closely with the CEO in developing an actively engaged fundraising volunteer board of directors and positions the Y as a community convener and collaborator to address critical social issues.
1. Develops organizational goals and strategic plans for
fundraising, balancing long-term direction and short-term
requirements in conjunction with the CEO.
2. Develops systems and manages resources, including the financial development budget, needed to carry out the fundraising plans.
3. Ensures the established fundraising policies and procedures for the association are being met.
4. Develops processes and is actively involved in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gift prospects.
5. Maintains database resource file on top community leaders and utilizes them to build relationships with community leaders.
6. Directs and coordinates association annual campaign, COVID-19 recovery campaign, endowment programs and in the future, a capital campaigns if identified by the Board as a need and priority.
7. Support the CEO in engaging the board in conversations and decision making to advance the Y's impact the communities we serve.
8. Develops strategies to increase volunteer involvement at all levels of financial development.
9. Prepares and ensures accuracy of the YMCA Annual Report.
10. Takes on the leadership role in events, identified by the CEO, as major community impact events (i.e.: Annual Dinner, YMCA Golf Outing).
11. Tracks all gifts and pledges by source and purpose and provides reports as needed.
12. Provides training in fundraising. Educates, motivates and provides feedback to individuals related to best practices in the fundraising process.
13. Creates and implements effective communication strategies with compelling messages that inspire others to accomplish the mission and cause with maximum impact.
14. Develops communication plans to ensure members, participants, and the community understand the case for support.
15. Supports, through financial means as well as from a philanthropic lenses branch and association events by ensuring donors are invited to organized events.
• Five or more years of professional experience with a background in fundraising in the YMCA or another non-profit required.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent preferred.
• YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
• CFRE or equivalent preferred
• Advanced knowledge of major gifts, direct mail, special events, stewardship and fund development best practices.
• Supervision of workflow and ensuring that employees and volunteer understand their delegated tasks.
• Advanced written and oral communication skill
• Knowledge of the media and its use in gaining exposure for YMCA events and programs.
• Ability to relate to top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments in the Middlesex community.
• Ability to create interpretive materials to enable potential donors to understand the YMCA and how they contribute to the achievement of its mission.
• Preferred knowledge of donor database system, Daxko
• Experience securing gifts at the $10,000 level and above
• Bilingual in Middle Eastern languages preferred
Apply for Director of Financial Development, YMCA of Metuchen Edison Woodbridge & South Amboy - NJ
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly