Guest Services Manager
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the Guest Services Department and ensuring an exceptional museum experience for every guest. This position manages the front desk and gallery volunteer schedule, manages point-of-sale and admin system for Shopify, maintains visitation metrics and reports, and coordinates group tours. At the front desk, this position serves the important role of the first point-of- contact to Museum guests, administers individual and tour admissions, promotes membership sales, and orients guests to the museum. The ideal candidate is professional, organized, has excellent communication and customer service skills, and works well multi-tasking and under pressure.
The Bryan Museum opened in June 2015 in what was formerly the Galveston Orphans Home, built in 1895, survived the Storm of 1900, and remained an orphanage until the 1980s. Today, the Museum is home to one of the world’s largest collection of artifacts, documents, maps, and works of art relating to the history of Texas and the American West. The Bryan Museum is a non-profit 501c(3).
- Manage the Guest Services schedule to ensure front desk coverage and lunch breaks and manage the volunteer schedule for volunteer gallery specialists and museum greeters, who facilitate the museum guest experience.
- Book and coordinate tours by responding to requests, managing the tour calendar, scheduling volunteer docents, and ensuring payment is properly processed.
- Work collaboratively with the Education Department to coordinate school tour bookings.
- Manage cash and credit card transactions for individual admission, tour sales, and special promotions, efficiently and accurately utilizing Shopify point-of-sale program.
- Complete register opening and closing procedures, ensuring all tills are balanced and accurate throughout each shift, and accurate bank deposits are completed.
- Provide a positive and welcoming museum experience whereby guests, members, and special groups are met in a cheerful, receptive manner – supporting the Museum’s standards for customer service.
- Promote and sell museum memberships and renewals.
- Answer telephone inquiries in a friendly and courteous manner and transfer calls to the appropriate department.
- Maintain visitation metrics and create reports.
- Respond to and resolve guest complaints and concerns.
- Work collaboratively with Museum Shop staff on customer service best practices, reports, and coverage. This position will also be trained in the Museum Shop.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Preferred
- 2+ years in customer service and management experience.
- Working knowledge of point-of-sale registers and POS admin systems, Shopify experience preferred.
- Experience managing schedules and creating reports.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure so that duties are efficiently prioritized and ensure key tasks are met.
- Excellent communication and customer services skills and experience
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and organizational skills
- Maintains a passion and commitment to welcoming, encouraging, educating, and engaging guests of all ages and families of all types.
- Background check required, as this position also interacts with the public.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
Work Remotely: No
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume
The Bryan Museum is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Apply for Guest Services Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly