AGCI is so much more than an adoption agency. We work with children and families around the world to help keep children within families and out of institutions. In instances when that isn’t possible, we partner with institutions to train caregivers and elevate care so that every child is known and loved. Additionally, through our strong relationships with government officials around the world, we’re working to change the systems that keep children in institutions and out of loving families.
For the millions of children who wait for forever families, AGCI is also committed to being an advocate. We advocate for waiting children (children or sibling groups who due to their age or special needs are sometimes more challenging to place) to find their forever families. We believe that every child deserves to know the love of a forever family and are passionate about being a voice for these often-forgotten children.
Our Mission: All God’s Children International is an orphan care ministry answering God’s call to provide the love and care that every child deserves.
Our Vision: To empower local leaders to intervene for the 8 million children currently living in institutions and create more pathways to family and independence.
We are seeking a Development Officer who will support initiatives surrounding sustainable funding, donor engagement and donor event support. You would partner with other members of the Advancement team in the execution of all aspects of the fundraising process. As a member of the Advancement team, you will be responsible for the growth and stewardship of AGCI supporters in a manner that advances the mission of AGCI.
Position requires the successful completion of an extensive criminal background check.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the execution of all sustainable funding streams within the annual advancement plan;
- Participates in a weekly prospect engagement meeting where the team makes commitments and takes on weekly assignments;
- Ensures prospect and planning data is accurately captured within AGCI’s donor management system (Smartsheet and DonorPerfect);
- Works with Advancement team to prepare strategies and approaches for assigned prospects with the potential to give gifts of $1000 to $10,000;
- Plans, coordinates, manages and executes special events to meet sustainable funding goals;
- Collaborates with other staff on the development of marketing collateral, brochures and support materials for events;
- Prepares reports on events, activities and programs as requested by the Advancement team;
- Assists in implementation and fulfillment of gift recognition and correspondence;
- Works with Advancement team to prepare strategies and approaches for all assigned prospects with the potential to give gifts of less than $1000;
- Displays excellent time management and organizational skills to prioritize workload;
- Act as representative of AGCI at events, speaking with public to educate them on the work and opportunities to support our orphan care ministry;
- Accountability to pre-determined daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual goals;
- Displays excellent communication skills including in-person customer service, documentation, detail-orientation, and sensitivity with confidential documents and information, displays exceptional ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure;
- Develops budget for special events and ensures events are delivered on schedule and on budget;
- Ensures an exceptional experience through unwavering high levels of customer service with both internal and external audiences by being honest, warm, responsive, and thorough at all times;
- Completes various administrative tasks as assigned;
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance;
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation and remains open to all levels of work and support for the organization;
- Travels domestically or internationally as requested;
- All candidates who are selected for a job with All God's Children International will be required to sign and abide by the Statement of Faith.
- Other duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business, nonprofit management or a related area from a four-year college or university.
- Three to five years related experience in fundraising, development, sponsorship administration, client relationship management, event coordination and/or knowledge and use of a CRM database.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid driver’s license and ability to supply appropriate documentation/identification to travel authorities when traveling domestically and internationally.