Math Motivators Fundraising Specialist
JOB SUMMARY: We are expanding our development team to achieve significant growth in philanthropic support for our Math Motivators Tutoring Program. This position reports to the Director of Development and is responsible for researching, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors and corporate/foundation supporters. We are looking for a front-line fundraiser who has experience making discovery (cold) calls, writing grants and developing relationships with donors of all kinds.
- Work closely with Director of Development to create and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy for Math Motivators including individuals, volunteers, companies, foundations, universities, and other prospective funding sources.
- Collaborate with the Math Motivators Fundraising Team to explore new funding opportunities, identify contacts, initiate outreach, present information to prospective donors/supporters and track activities.
- Prepare and submit high quality grant proposals, applications, reports and other requested materials in a timely manner.
- Interface with Math Motivators staff to learn about program activities and ensure information presented to donors and supporters is accurate and complete.
- Steward relationships with all Math Motivators donors and supporters, employing a moves management philosophy to build engagement and increase gifts.
- Record all actions, proposals, reports, communications, tasks and opportunities with current and prospective donors and supporters within Virtuous, The Actuarial Foundation’s database and CRM tool.
- Lead visits to Foundation/Corporate offices as necessary with relevant Actuarial Foundation staff/Board of Trustees and prepare appropriate briefing materials.
- Attend regular team and other Actuarial Foundation meetings. Handle other duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel is required to meet with donors and to represent The Actuarial Foundation at industry meetings (3-5 trips per year).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, as well as 3+ years of
demonstrated success as a development team member in a fast-paced non-profit organization.
- Substantial experience and accountability for cold calling prospective donors and supporters.
- Proven track record securing gifts.
- Experience creating engaging grant proposals, fundraising appeals, and reports.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Independent and self-motivated worker.
- Knowledge of fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge and Virtuous.
- Exceptional communication skills, with proven ability to write effectively,
- speak persuasively and to listen to and learn from others with a sense of inquisitiveness.
- Ability to thrive in an environment characterized as fast-paced, creative, dynamic, and growing
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job related instructions and to perform other job related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.