Director, Advancement Communications
The Director for Advancement Communications develops, leads, and implements communications strategies to support the Division of Advancement’s fundraising and engagement goals utilizing multiple channels in alignment with the priorities and mission of the college, and in collaboration with the college’s Communications division. As a member of the Division of Advancement, the Director will assess past and present communications through an antiracist lens and support the college’s efforts to eradicate stereotypes, bigotry, and racist ideology.
• Develop, manage, and execute a long-range, multi-channel
communications plan for the Division of Advancement to support the
engagement, fundraising, and alumni relations objectives of the
college within a framework that appropriately balances and actively
includes community members from marginalized groups and majoritized
• Work collaboratively with the central Communications division to integrate and carry out strategic communications, college branding, and messaging. Contribute to the development and implementation of the institutional antiracist strategic communications plan, using communications platforms to build a shared understanding of the college’s antiracism work keeping all audiences engaged and informed.
• Provide direction and collaborate with unit heads and other internal constituents to integrate strategic communications into all functional areas of the division including alumni and family relations, annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, stewardship, volunteer leadership, and events.
• Oversee the development and production of communication materials that provide information to stakeholders and inspire giving and engagement, working closely with Advancement departments and Communications. Review communications produced by the Advancement division utilizing an antiracist lens and considering purpose, content, accuracy, and quality. Analyze communication effectiveness to inform future strategy and tactics.
• Lead regular meetings on priority projects and communications strategies with Advancement and Communications partners, contributing marketing pitches and ideas for communications initiatives.
• Serve as content contributor to print, web, electronic, and social media communications within a diversity, equity, and inclusion framework and appropriately balancing representation of all college constituencies.
• Provide vision and direction for investment in marketing communication tools, evaluating the division’s needs and collaborating with partners within the division, in Communications, and across campus to ensure effective implementation.
• Lead and manage a communications team of up to two employees, providing effective communication, leadership, guidance, and resources.
o Actively support the college’s plan to be an antiracist
institution by understanding, engaging with, and promoting
diversity, inclusion, and equity in the college community.
o Promote a culture of safety and environmental protection by working in a safe manner; immediately reporting unsafe
situations and accidents; following college procedures; and participating in appropriate safety training.
o Demonstrate environmental sustainability by using college resources wisely and supporting the college’s sustainability
initiatives and innovation.
o Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related
field and seven years’ experience in communications, public
relations or marketing with extensive writing and editing
experience; or equivalent combination of education and
• Ability to develop and edit content using a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
• Knowledge of antiracism terminology and stay abreast of best and emerging practices.
• Highly organized, deadline oriented, and proactive
• Experience with digital communications, including experience with web content development and analytics, comprehensive email marketing platforms, social media channels, and basic HTML knowledge.
• Ability to plan, organize, develop, and execute strategies and manage evolution and change within an organization
• Ability to establish and maintain productive and professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, time, personnel, and financial resources effectively
• Exceptional communication skills and impeccable attention to detail to present complex materials in understandable and useable ways.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, handle confidential and sensitive information, and navigate ambiguity
• A commitment to participate in a culture of high productivity and individual accountability
• Master’s degree plus a minimum of 10 years of experience in
communications, public relations or marketing with extensive
internal and external communications experience
• Experience in higher education and communications for fundraising/advancement
• Experience with a Salesforce-based CRM system and Emma email marketing platform
• Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Experience in developing high-profile communications that effectively communicate the vision of executive leadership
More searches like this
- Fundraising Community Development jobs in Colorado Springs
- Fundraising Administration Community Development jobs in Colorado Springs
- Other Fundraising Community Development jobs in Colorado Springs
- Programs Community Development jobs in Colorado Springs
- Other Programs Community Development jobs in Colorado Springs