Director of Development
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
AIS is seeking a strategic, dynamic and results-oriented development professional to serve as Director of Development. This position is responsible for leading and implementing a comprehensive program in all types of fundraising for the School. The primary role will be to strategically engage with AIS constituents, including parents, alumni, corporate and foundation partners and high level volunteers including trustees.
START DATE: August 2021
REPORTS TO: Head of Advancement
- Build out a comprehensive and sustainable annual giving program through the School’s Eagle’s Fund that will achieve both short-term and long-term fundraising and engagement priorities
- Identify, cultivate and solicit key parent prospects while maintaining broad-based parent engagement within the school community
- Drive an increase in participation rates for Georgia GOAL (a tax credit program that raises funds for need-based financial aid) and be responsible for educating constituents and bringing greater overall awareness around this program
- Establish performance metrics around new donor acquisition, donor retention, overall growth in the donor base (participation) and maintaining a robust fundraising pipeline that will continue to grow annual giving
- Partner and collaborate with Advancement staff, Marketing and Communications, Admissions, school academic leadership, the Parent Organization, and other volunteers to achieve community fundraising goals
- Conceptualize and implement creative cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for prospective donors
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- A documented history of successful fundraising in annual giving programs, major gifts and campaigns; demonstrated results in personally cultivating and sustaining constituent and donor relationships
- A resourceful individual with a can-do attitude; a self-starter, problem solver that brings solutions and recommendations forward, strategic and big-picture thinker
- Outstanding communications skills, both oral and written; the ability to partner with individuals and families from diverse backgrounds
- Experience leading change and implementing best practices in a complex environment with lots of stakeholders
- A proven record of effective, engaging and dynamic thought partnership, leadership, and collaboration with colleagues and volunteers
- Experience working in independent schools or at a higher education institution is a plus
- Experience in cross-cultural communication settings is a plus
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments using ‘Director of Development’ as the subject heading.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.