Maryland Family Network (MFN) is a state-wide nonprofit organization located in Harbor East, in Baltimore. MFN ensures that very young children have strong families, quality early learning environments, and a champion for their interests. We work in collaboration with public and private funders, community based organizations, parents, and other individuals and agencies to support those who care for young children as families strive to reach their goals. Through two-generation programs that support parents to become economically self-sufficient, raise healthy, successful children, and find quality child care; through regional services that help child care professionals improve their practice; and through public policy advocacy of programs and policies that benefit families with young children, MFN strives to ensure that all Maryland children are cared for by adults who are skilled to raise them in environments that are conducive to growth and development.
Job Summary: MFN has an immediate opening for the following position:
Job Type: Full-Time
The Development Coordinator supports the activities of the Development Office, coordinates the fundraising and associated communications work for the organization, processes donations, sponsorships and grants received from individual donors and private funders, and assists with outreach to raise awareness of the organization and its mission. The Development Coordinator reports to the Development Director. This is an hourly, non-exempt, position. MFN offers excellent benefits and a 35 hour work week.
To learn more about Maryland Family Network, please visit our website at: www.marylandfamilynetwork.org.
· Receives incoming contributions from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other organizations by entering data into the donor database in a timely and accurate manner, and ensures all donors are thanked within 48 hours of receiving their contribution by preparing acknowledgment letters for the Development Director to review;
· Reports incoming donations, including payments on pledges, to the Finance department, the Development Director, and the Executive Director;
· Prepares monthly reconciliation reports for the Finance Office, including credit card transactions, workplace giving, and other gift portals;
· Coordinates data hygiene and correct data entry issues with Salesforce Administrator; adds new constituent records to the database as needed, analyzes information and populates all appropriate data fields where information is available;
· Serves as Liaison between Development Director and Salesforce Administrator; fields questions from Development Department and Finance Department, regarding gifts, pledges, grants, and acknowledgements;
· Assists with creation and implementation of fundraising appeals for individual donors and businesses, including purchasing direct mail supplies, proofreading and printing letters and envelopes, and supervising mailing volunteers;
· Coordinates campaign to increase public sector workplace giving through the United Way, Baltimore City Combined Charity, Maryland Charity, and Combined Federal Campaigns;
· Assists Development Director in researching prospective funders and maintaining materials for grant proposals that support Maryland Family Network operations and programs, annually updating service numbers and incorporating new initiatives;
· Support special events including First Steps tours, the annual First Years fundraising breakfast, the Sandra J. Skolnik Lecture, Family Network Day in Annapolis, Evening in Annapolis, and the Nancy S. Grasmick Leadership in Early Care and Education Award;
· Assists with updating Board development materials, annual donation summaries for board members and other major donors, and creating Development’s quarterly board meeting materials;
· Assists with fundraising-related social media writing and monitoring;
· Supports the organization’s child care membership program by sending monthly renewal notices and supplying new member cards along with list of benefits;
· Coordinates fundraising activities with Child Care Resources Centers, Family Support Centers, and partners, as appropriate;
· Prepares and submits annual applications, registrations, certification/affidavits, and other documents required of charitable organizations;
· Prepares, packs, loads, transports, unloads and puts away materials/equipment for development meetings and related special events;
· Purchases refreshments for development meetings and coordinates food delivery;
· Arranges travel accommodations for development staff and board members attending fundraising conferences; assists with preparing materials and communicating travel plans; and prepares receipts and paperwork required for reimbursements; and
· Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communication or a related field preferred;
· A minimum of 3 years of experience providing non-profit fundraising support that includes gift processing and stewardship, grant writing, and event coordination required;
· Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required;
· Familiarity with database systems Salesforce, Soapbox (or similar database) required;
· Familiarity with video conferencing platforms like Zoom and Teams, and social media campaigns required;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills;
· Ability to pivot between projects and priorities; and
· Valid driver’s license with regular access to an enclosed vehicle.
· Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
· Walk briskly, stoop, crawl, and lift boxes and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
All Maryland Family Network (MFN) positions are contingent on available funding.
Maryland Family Network (MFN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, ancestry of any individual, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maryland Family Network (MFN) is currently on a remote work schedule until further notice.