Director, Development/Fundraising Communication
Director, Development/Fundraising Communication- STA007333
Serves as a leader within the Strategic Initiatives Team guiding communication strategies that support the goals of the overall division including but not limited to; driving participation in annual fundraising initiatives, cultivating alumni engagement and enhancing UH's culture of philanthropy through stewardship and storytelling. The University of Houston's Donor Engagement program seeks to appreciate, inform, meaningfully engage and recognize current and prospective donors in the life of the University of Houston. The University recognizes its fiduciary responsibility to care for the investments that have been made and entrusted to the institution.
Consistent contacts and programs for donors and prospective constituents are critical and valuable components of the fundraising efforts and are focused on building lifelong relationships with donors, instilling in them pride for the institution, and trust that their gifts are being carefully and responsibly managed. The Donor Engagement program is organized into the following component areas: Donor Recognition and Events, Gift Impact and Compliance, and Development Communications. This team is a part of the Division of University Advancement's Strategic Initiatives department, which encompasses strategic planning and projects, campaign initiatives and planning, donor and volunteer engagement.
- Provides oversight, direction, and day-to-day operations management of the Development Communications department staff as well as leadership and support for all Advancement communications efforts including marketing/branding, publications, media relations, news writing, outreach communications, photography, printing and distribution.
- Collaborates with internal departments, as well as with campus partners and external vendors to build consensus and effectively coordinate communications.
- Matches departmental goals with broader division goals, working to align communication channels and budgetary resources accordingly.
- Partners with University Advancement to provide communications, marketing and public relations support in alignment with annual fundraising goals and in support of campaign fundraising.
- Manages contract and vendor partners to execute departmental priorities.
- Ensures consistent imaging and high standards are maintained throughout all marketing, philanthropic and engagement communication efforts.
- Monitors, analyzes and adapts to evolving changes in the area of strategic communications, integrated marketing, branding, university image, and other communication efforts/activities.
- Regularly tracks and analyzes the effectiveness of marketing and communications campaigns/strategies and makes adjustments as needed.
- Facilitates the review and recommendations for changes to departmental operations to develop and implement successful university communication efforts.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive plan for strategic communications in coordination with the university's strategic plan; collaboratively working with university leadership and staff to ensure all communications reflect a cohesive and consistent image. Oversees management of available web and social media outlets and develops analytics to optimize outreach effectiveness. Develops department budget and requests, overseeing the use of funds in support of Advancement
- Serves on committees and working groups as needed. Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience.
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Required Attachments by Candidate
Cover Letter/Letter of Application,Resume,Writing Samples
For additional information, and to apply, please visit our website.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.