Manager of Donor Recognition
Manager of Donor Recognition- STA007330
Manages strategic planning for Donor Relations and Stewardship to help deploy resources, develop evaluation measures and ensure consistent high quality work. Ensures consistency in stewardship communication strategies through publications, events and custom engagement opportunities. Plans and executes strategies to work independently and under limited timeframes to meet deadlines ensuring project deliverables are met.The University of Houston's Donor Engagement program seeks to appreciate, inform, meaningfully engage and recognize current and prospective donors in the life of the University of Houston. The University recognizes its fiduciary responsibility to care for the investments that have been made and entrusted to the institution. Consistent contacts and programs for donors and prospective constituents are critical and valuable components of the fundraising efforts and are focused on building lifelong relationships with donors, instilling in them pride for the institution, and trust that their gifts are being carefully and responsibly managed. The Donor Engagement program is organized into the following component areas: Donor Recognition and Events, Gift Impact and Compliance, and Development Communications. This team is a part of the Division of University Advancement's Strategic Initiatives department, which encompasses strategic planning and projects, campaign initiatives and planning, donor and volunteer engagement.
- Assists in bringing donor recognition societies to full fruition including induction/welcome processes, calendaring and executing annual communications and engagement plans, and consistent evaluation of donor experience and needs.
- Utilizes specialized acknowledgements (both custom and broad-based) to ensure that University donors are appropriately, professionally and accurately thanked according to gift levels, donor history and special circumstances.
- Coordinates communications and marketing needs of the Donor Recognition Team in relation to recognition and engagement initiatives.
- Collaborates with Donor Recognition Team in program execution support such as appropriate development and editing of content, collateral and mailing assembly, monthly data pulls for program mailings, and internal education/awareness initiatives.
- Enhances program success by partnering with Donor Recognition Team to develop special event concepts, plan details and orchestrate successful logistical arrangements.
- Manages donor, prospect and volunteer gift programs, including vendor indemnification, product development and distribution.
- Manages impact reporting, endowed chairs and professorships recognition, and the President's Football pregame donor experience in partnership with University Advancement.
- Evaluates and revises as needed multiple donor relations efforts, to include gift acknowledgment process, publications, online community, donor signage and a wide variety of recognition opportunities based on best practices in the field.
- Prepares donor relations event briefing and top donor bio documents for the Vice President and/or other executive staff as needed.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews. Coordinates general stewardship communications programs, including personalized communications, letters, web-based information and an active social media presence. Prepares reports and graphs as requested ensuring accuracy of data and clarity of presentation. Assists in implementing project protocols, templates and procedures. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 1 year experience.
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) years of directly job-related experience.
Required Attachments by Candidate
Resume,Cover Letter/Letter of Application
For additional information, and to apply, please visit our website.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.