Assistant Director, Donor Engagement Event
Assistant Director, Donor Engagement Events- STA007329
Manages a portfolio of campus partner relationships, providing leadership and driving the strategy behind in-person and virtual donor engagement experiences. Collaborates with Strategic Initiatives Team to manage invitations, registrations and guest services. Also responsible for evaluating the success of these experiences and their impact on the Division.The University of Houston's Donor Engagement program seeks to appreciate, inform, meaningfully engage and recognize current and prospective donors in the life of the University of Houston. The University recognizes its fiduciary responsibility to care for the investments that have been made and entrusted to the institution. Consistent contacts and programs for donors and prospective constituents are critical and valuable components of the fundraising efforts and are focused on building lifelong relationships with donors, instilling in them pride for the institution, and trust that their gifts are being carefully and responsibly managed. The Donor Engagement program is organized into the following component areas: Donor Recognition and Events, Gift Impact and Compliance, and Development Communications. This team is a part of the Division of University Advancement's Strategic Initiatives department, which encompasses strategic planning and projects, campaign initiatives and planning, donor and volunteer engagement.
- Utilizes knowledge of industry and University best practices in Donor Engagement and Strategy to independently make decisions and solve problems.
- Assesses changing circumstances throughout the event planning process and makes recommendations around the reallocation of funds as deemed necessary.
- Serves as executive producer to include responsibilities consisting of event communications, event logistics, catering, permitting, event setup/teardown, design and decor, negotiating with both internal and external vendors, processing contracts and payments in accordance with University regulations, and ensuring adherence to departmental standards and University protocol.
- Coaches team members and leads the development of decision-making and client management skills.
- Ensures that the goals and needs of the Advancement or campus partners assigned to their direct reports are met with the highest levels of customer service and donor experience.
- Manages timelines and responsibilities for several different projects at once, often resulting in making quick and decisive solutions.
- Performs analysis and makes recommendations for improving programs, events and activities in order to enhance UH's fundraising results.
- Identifies target audiences and develops messaging strategies that showcase the value and impact of philanthropy.
- Negotiates contracts with both internal and external vendors, and manages all aspects of contractual commitments in accordance with established University and State of Texas guidelines.
- Evaluates risks with regard to guest and program participant safety and comfort, making decisions within established University guidelines. Makes final decisions with regard to program or event logistics, set-up, design, decor and the overall guest experience, in accordance with guidelines and best practices established by UH Strategic Initiatives. Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Education; Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Required Attachments by Candidate
Resume,Writing Samples,Cover Letter/Letter of Application
For additional information, and to apply, please visit our website.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.