Capital Campaign Director - CITA (Center for Innovation and the Arts)
North Hennepin Community College, one of the largest and most diverse two-year colleges in Minnesota, is accepting applications for a Capital Campaign Director – CITA (Administrator 3).
This position is responsible for organizing, managing and executing a vigorous, and well-planned $40M campaign, of which approximately $6M to $10M is already committed. The Capital Campaign Director will work collectively with development leaders, fundraising consultant advisors, and staff from the Center for Innovation and the Arts (CITA) Collaborating Partners to assess fundraising opportunities and play a lead role in conceiving, planning, implementing and fundraising for this major CITA fundraising initiative.
The Capital Campaign Director will be both internally and externally focused and will offer strong strategic planning and capital campaign skills plus a proven ability to cultivate and solicit gifts from major donors (individual, corporate and foundation). The Capital Campaign Director will work with the Collaborating Partners to design and execute a successful campaign program on a timely basis.
To view the Center for Innovation and the Arts, At A Glance Flyer, please click on the link: https://www.nhcc.edu/-/media/departments/aboutnhcc/CITA2021
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Seven years of successful senior level development and fundraising experience required.
- Experience planning and managing a successful capital campaign
- Demonstrated passion for the arts (dance, theater, music, visual arts, performance) and/or community–centered educational programming
- Proven ability to coordinate, motivate a committed group of experienced fundraisers and volunteers from various collaborating partners.
- Experience identifying, cultivating and soliciting major individual and corporate gifts.
- Experience in the Twin Cities with knowledge of the local philanthropic community, especially those with a history of supporting arts and culture (both locally and nationally).
- A natural collaborator who has impeccable character and integrity and able to gain the respect and support of the CITA Board, CITA Advisory Council, Collaborating Partners, Colleagues, Donors and Volunteers.
- An exceptional listener who is comfortable receiving input from many sources and able to analyze and formulate a variety of information into a sound, well-organized plan.
- An effective communicator who is enthusiastic, articulate and persuasive, with excellent writing skills.
- Ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.
- CFRE preferred but not required – Certified Fund-Raising Executive
- Experience in budget development and management
- Experience working in Higher Education or Arts Organization
- Knowledge of media and communications
You must meet all minimum qualifications at the time you apply.
Apply at https://nhcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/1607 and attach the following documents below to your online application in order to be considered for this position.
- Cover letter, which addresses the position qualifications and your specific interest in working at North Hennepin Community College.
- Unofficial transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate coursework
If you have questions related to this job announcement please contact Jolene Graff at (763) 424-0959.
Choose to work at North Hennepin Community College (NHCC) and you will be joining a vibrant, and diverse professional community who believe in the power of education to change lives. NHCC welcomes their students and values their employees.
NHCC has a rich tradition of excellence in teaching and learning. Founded in 1966, the college is a respected, thriving comprehensive community college with a strong history of liberal arts education and career programs. NHCC is one of the largest and most diverse community colleges in the state of Minnesota. NHCC is a member of Minnesota State which is the fourth-largest system of two-year colleges and four-year universities in the nation.
Offering more than 70 academic programs to over 10,000 students NHCC prepares students to transfer or for immediate entry into the workforce. The thriving campus is also home to more than 25 clubs and organizations supporting a largely part-time student body with co-curricular and recreational activities.
Join our NHCC community and help us create opportunities for students to reach their academic goals, succeed in their chosen professions, and make a difference in the world.