Manager, Individual Giving
Manager, Individual Giving
ABOUT SECOND STAGE THEATRE
Second Stage Theatre produces work entirely by 21st century American playwrights both on and off Broadway. Dedicated to adventurous contemporary plays and musicals, bold new interpretations, and unique theatrical experiences, the work at Second Stage reflects diversity and inclusiveness. Through the discovery of emerging talent and the commissioning of new work, Second Stage nurtures future generations of theater artists and welcomes a theatergoing audience of all backgrounds.
The Manager, Individual Giving (Manager) is a self-directed and goal-driven individual who will serve as a core member of the Development Department. The ideal candidate will have significant experience with membership programs as a front-line fundraiser and will support all individual giving fundraising efforts at Second Stage.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Trustees and Committees on scheduling and preparing for meetings, including taking minutes, as necessary
- All aspects of Trustee gift processing, entry, filing and acknowledgement
- Maintain and track Board giving and reservations to 2ST and other productions
- In concert with the Executive Director and Director of Development, draft and send annual commitment and follow up letters to Trustees
- Committee on Trustees liaison – research current and prospective Trustees, help with on-boarding new Trustees, schedule meetings for prospective Trustees
- Manage the Champions Circle and Friends of Second Stage membership programs, with individual & primary stewardship responsibility for a portfolio of donors giving at the $5,000 level and below
- Service Champion ticket reservations
- Oversee Annual Fund renewal and acquisition initiatives, including mailings, personal asks, telefundraising, and donor cultivation
- Identify and encourage current patrons to upgrade and lapsed patrons to renew
- Actively cultivate new individual donors
- Develop and update Individual Giving fundraising materials, including brochures, solicitation letters, website and signage
- Serve as the Development staff liaison to the telefundraising team
- Oversee lists for telefundraising, email and direct mail campaigns, working collaboratively with Marketing and Subscription Services
- Work with Special Events to fulfill and enhance the donor
- While theaters remain closed, this will include virtual or digital experiences at a minimum, as well as innovative ways to stay engaged through reopening and beyond
- Represent the Development Department at fundraising and cultivation events
- Other responsibilities as may reasonably be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in development, preferably in a theater or other cultural/arts organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A positive attitude, concern for other people and community, presence, self-confidence, and the ability to listen
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent computer and fundraising database skills, a knowledge of Tessitura strongly preferred
- An ardent theatergoer preferred, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Second Stage’s history and mission
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Second Stage offers a full benefits package including vacation, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance and long-term disability coverage upon eligibility.
Second Stage values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.