Director Development, Perimeter College
Perimeter College is part of Georgia State University, a diverse, multi-campus urban research university in metropolitan Atlanta. The college is the major provider of associate degrees and student transfer opportunities in Georgia providing a gateway to higher levels of study, easing students’ entry into another college.
More than 14,000 students from 150 countries are enrolled in Perimeter College. Through the college, Georgia State serves a large number of dual enrollment, international, online, transfer and first-time freshman students in the University System of Georgia. The college also offers more than 30 areas of concentration, including nursing, dental hygiene, and radiologic technology in which students are prepared for immediate careers.
The position is responsible for planning and implementing fund raising activities associated with University-wide priorities. The position is directly responsible for identifying major gifts prospects; developing and executing long and short-term strategies in the cultivation and solicitation of these prospects and working collaboratively with a team in the solicitation of corporate and foundation gifts. The Director will manage a pool of approximately 120 prospects and spend at least 80% of their time in meetings with these prospects.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward prospects (both individual and Corporate/Foundation) at the $25,000 or greater level.
- Complete 15 or more face to face visits per month. Manage a portfolio of 100+ prospects and donors annually. Work to continuously rotate prospects through the Perimeter College major gift pipeline.
- Coordinate with department chairs and faculty to develop proposals for donors.
- Develop long and short-term priorities and funding plans with the Senior Director of Development, Associate VP of Development, VP for University Advancement and other members of the University leadership.
- Manage the annual giving campaign for Perimeter College, drafting solicitation letters and maintaining reports while working closely with the Senior Director of Development and the Georgia State University Development Annual Giving staff.
- Work with Perimeter College Scholarship Team to insure all qualified scholarships are awarded and donors stewarded.
- Assist with stewardship events and Dean’s office functions (Board of Advisors).
- Work with development personnel to produce database reports that support the fundraising activities of Perimeter College.
Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in face-to-face solicitation of gifts of $25,000 or more; or a combination of education and related experience.
- Three or more years’ experience in major gift funding.
- Demonstrated success at raising funds by developing and implementing cultivation and solicitation plans.
- Experience in building public and/or private partnerships.
- Proven experience in the full spectrum of development including gift policies, solicitations, stewardship, and donor recognition.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills.
- Knowledge of software applications, such as Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Queries
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to recruit, train, and work effectively with volunteers.