Foundations and Corporate Giving Director, Center for Sustainability Solutions
Green America is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors and businesses to create a world that works for all. We deploy marketplace solutions to solve the most pressing social and environmental problems facing society today.
The Center of Sustainability Solutions builds on Green America’s work over the years, where we’ve brought together industry groups across supply chains to create major shifts in such areas as solar, community investing, sustainable agriculture and clean electronics. The Center supports Innovation Networks, focused working groups of stakeholders with the objective of making significant, industry-wide system change. Current networks focus on clean electronics, climate and banking, and regenerative agriculture.
The Foundations and Corporate Giving Director will lead the management, cultivation, and stewardship of the Center’s foundation supporters and business sponsors, while also growing the pipeline for both revenue streams. The Director will work across the focus areas of the Center to develop and execute a plan that will support ongoing revenue cultivation for all of the branches of the Center’s work. The Foundations and Corporate Giving Director will also work closely with Green America’s Development Director and Programs Team for the areas of work between Green America’s consumer programs and the supply chain-focused work of the Center for Sustainability Solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Foundations & Business Relations Director will work closely with the Center’s leadership to advance the follow objectives:
- In concert with senior Center staff, participate in the development and implementation of fundraising strategies for the Center and aligned strategies for the networks
- Assist with development of the Center’s growth strategies and new development opportunities
Donor Prospect Research and Cultivation
- Research potential funders and identify areas of alignment between their funding objectives and our work.
- Develop strong, productive relationships with foundation and corporate donors, identifying their needs and issues important to them and determining how we can work together.
- Maintain records of all interactions with business supporters and foundation prospects in our fundraising database, Raisers Edge.
Solicitation and Revenue Generation
- Craft grant proposals and letters of inquiry for sources of foundation and corporate support.
- Secure major gifts and revenue to meet the Center’s networks’ financial goals. Revenue sources include foundation giving, corporate sponsorships, and special project funding.
- Steward our current foundation and corporate donors, including special mailings, invitations, and submission of progress reports, financial updates, and renewal proposals.
- Ensure that network plans contribute to greatest possible value for foundation and corporate donors.
- Maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders
All Green America positions also include:
- Participate in Cross Departmental Teams: The success of our organizational work includes the voluntary participation of staff members from all levels of the organization in cross departmental teams addressing a range of issues to strengthen our impact and planning, as time and other work commitments allow.
Skills and Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop trusting relationships with senior executives and high-level leaders across a range of sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of proven foundation and corporate/business fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated experience in producing successful letters of inquiry, proposals, sponsorship requests, and reports.
- Demonstrated strategic partnership building experience and solicitation of sponsorships, grants, and/or major gifts ($10,000+). Track record of securing 5-7 figure gifts or proven experience meeting 7-figure annual fundraising goals.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology and donor databases to manage fundraising efforts, track actions, and build funder relationships.
- Donor research skills and the ability to effectively identify, segment, and prioritize prospective business supporters and foundations.
- Proven ability to effectively work in coordination with other team and department leaders.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to meet tight deadlines, identify areas of synergies across teams, and develop new fundraising strategies.
- Exemplary communications skills, interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ability to build long-term relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent written skills with demonstrated ability to craft compelling, effective messaging and collateral for fundraising purposes.
- Strong intrinsic interest in issues directly related to Green America’s mission.
- Ability to obtain a deep understanding of the Center for Sustainability Solutions main program areas and communicate this understanding to donors.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification a plus.
The position involves domestic travel time of up to 30% (post-pandemic) for network meetings, conferences and business development client meetings, staff training, and other purposes. Travel may vary seasonally.
How to Apply:
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination regarding: actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health disorders), age (18 years of age or older), marital status (including domestic partnership and parenthood), personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, citizenship status, credit information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Harassment on the basis of a protected characteristic is included as a form of discrimination and is strictly prohibited.