Director of Development
Carilion Clinic Foundation seeks an accomplished and strategic professional with a concentration on managing a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors, experience managing a capital campaign, and progressive experience managing a team of fundraising professionals in a fast-paced, high-accountability, results-driven culture. This person will have a strong sense of accountability and take initiative, as well as be adaptable, highly organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to build collaborative relationships. She/he must be a good listener and equally comfortable and professional when interacting with volunteer leadership, colleagues, clinicians, board members and other stakeholders. The successful candidate will exhibit personal integrity, honesty, enthusiasm and compassion.
The Director of Philanthropy will support the day-to-day fundraising efforts of $100 million capital campaign. Working in tandem with and reporting to the Chief Development Officer he/she will help drive the campaign forward by managing the day-to-day operations of the campaign including meeting management, prospect management, and volunteer engagement.
- Demonstrate major gifts, planned gifts and campaign experience with a solid track record for success.
- Experience working cohesively with a team of philanthropy professionals who develop and maintain a strong portfolio of qualified prospects.
- Demonstrate ability to recruit and train volunteers to support fundraising activities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to successfully meet the fundraising goals of Carilion Clinic Foundation.
- Manage the activities of the Campaign Cabinet including scheduling and meeting action notes and distribution.
- Manage and attends other campaign meetings including engagement and cultivation efforts, prospect evaluation and management; coordinates agendas and manages meeting action items.
- Supports volunteers in a timely and consistent manner including coordination with other volunteers, prospect briefs and the provision of support and campaign materials
- Organizes and supports donor cultivation events (including attendance at occasional evening cultivation events and other off-hour meetings).
- Manages the campaign prospects portfolio.
- Produces prospect briefs for staff and volunteers.
- Organizes campaign documents for easy access and use by campaign volunteers and
- Secures data for monthly campaign gift report for Campaign Cabinet Review.
- Manages campaign systems for acknowledging, recording, filing, and reporting campaign contributions.
- Collaborates with the Chief Development Officer to ensure campaign and annual support programs and activities are fully integrated.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain a strong presence in the philanthropic community, particularly in the Roanoke Valley.
- Must have the social interpersonal skills to effectively engage philanthropic and community leaders, as well as active and prospective donors.
- Proven professional track record that reflects stability with an organization and capacity to develop and nurture relationships culminating in major gift success.