Associate Director, Brand Management
Hillel International is seeking a talented and driven professional for the role of Associate Director, Brand Management. This is an exciting new position on a growing marketing team with an opportunity to help shape the Hillel brand and play a key role in the planning of the Hillel movement’s upcoming Centennial campaign.
Top candidates will have a strong background in brand management and brand architecture, with a sophisticated understanding of written and visual marketing across a variety of different mediums. Superior candidates will also have experience working on a brand redesign and collaborating closely with internal stakeholders and external vendors/agencies.
This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing and be based at the Hillel International headquarters at the Schusterman International Center in Washington D.C., or at the Hillel International offices in New York City. Remote candidates will also be considered. The salary range for this position is $75,000-$85,000 per year.What You’ll Bring to the Position
- 6-10 years of work experience in branding, marketing, communications, or similar field
- Direct experience working on a brand redesign and generating physical and digital brand assets, including positioning, competitive analysis and style guides
- Track record of collaboration with external vendors and/or marketing agencies, including managing vendors to meet deadlines and ensure deliverables completed above expectation, on budget and on time
- Superior writing skills, including mastery of grammar, style, syntax, and vocabulary
- Strong organizational and planning skills; familiarity using project management software such as Asana, AirTable and/or Trello
- Fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and/or similar programs
- Track record of producing engaging original content for digital and social media, including Instagram Stories, videos, GIFs, email headers, and more
- Experience writing, designing and creating marketing collateral for fundraising and/or donor stewardship preferred
- Interest in or connection to Jewish life
- Day-to-day responsibility for managing the marketing agency supporting Hillel’s brand and positioning work for the overall Hillel International brand and the upcoming Centennial campaign
- Collaborate closely with marketing agency and internal stakeholders to assess Hillel’s visual identity, voice and tone, photo and video usage, and color palette to develop an updated style guide
- Lead communications rollout of brand updates and style guide to approximately 180 local Hillel affiliates, including management of a field brand advisory committee to provide regular guidance and feedback
- In collaboration with marketing agency, internal staff and brand advisory committee, document Hillel’s sub-brands and help develop new brand architecture guidelines
- Work with external vendors, internal staff and brand advisory committee to develop look and feel for Hillel’s upcoming Centennial campaign
- Lead creation and rollout of brand and design assets for Hillel Centennial campaign, ensuring all assets are easily and seamlessly customizable for local Hillel affiliates
- Develop user journeys for every stage of the Hillel lifecycle, including high school students, college students, young alumni, parents, supporters and grandparents
- Regularly liaise with internal staff and brand advisory committee to provide feedback on recent and upcoming creative assets, both related to the Centennial and the overall Hillel brand
- Review and advise on content generated by Hillel International based on deep understanding of new brand elements, including content for marketing, communications, advancement and events
- Work closely with project leads managing the Centennial fundraising campaign, market research and Hillel.org website projects to ensure knowledge sharing and collaboration across all workstreams
- Competitive salary, benefits, and vacation time, including:
- Unlimited vacation as well as parental leave. Hillel also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan.
- Opportunities for regular professional development and continuing education, including occasional (bi-annual) travel to industry conferences and events
- Hard Work – Going above and beyond to reach our goals
- Data-Informed Decisions – Using past results to drive decisions and support future outcomes
- Creativity – Working collaboratively to turn good ideas into great ideas
- Preparation – Planning ahead allows us to do our best work and to be flexible in the moment
- Gratitude – Acknowledging and thanking our partners, both internal and external. It takes a village…
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for nearly 100 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and envisions a world where every Jewish student makes an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center:
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.