Vice President, Foundation and Corporate Philanthropy
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Vice President of Foundation and Corporate Philanthropy will be responsible for all contributed income from foundations and corporations and will direct 92Y’s efforts to secure funding from these sources while implementing a strategy for growth and effective stewardship. The Vice President will be accountable, through the management of a personal portfolio of donors and prospects, and the successful leadership of a team of experienced grant writers and support staff, for the achievement of contributed revenue goals supporting the development of current and new initiatives. As a member of the Senior Development Team, the Vice President will work to enhance and strengthen 92Y’s funding sources for operating, capital and endowment purposes.
- Initiate contact with foundations, corporate foundations and prospects and manage stewardship of the division’s donor pool.
- Create and implement strategies to bring increased support from foundations and corporations.
- Supervise, motivate, strategize with and performance manage a team of experienced grant writers and support staff responsible for maintaining and growing contributed revenue across all program areas.
- Closely collaborate with the Director of Corporate Sponsorships Sales to maximize opportunities for corporate support across all 92Y channels.
- Develop and manage a robust portfolio of foundation and corporate donors with a significant bottom line of support for 92Y.
- Participate in the editing and submission of competitive and compelling grant proposals, including budgets and supporting materials.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of timely interim reports, final reports and other necessary requirements to funders.
- Represent 92Y and its programs in meetings, site visits and phone conversations with foundation and corporate representatives.
- Serve as an active, forward and strategic thinking member of the Senior Development Team.
- Work as part of the Development team to identify prospects and devise strategies to solicit support from all donor constituencies.
- Work closely with 92Y program staff to contribute to the planning of new priority initiatives, bringing field knowledge of donors’ priorities and trends in funding to program development.
- Work closely with program staff to become thoroughly familiar with a wide array of programs and communicate them in a compelling manner to funders—both verbally and in writing. Ensure that the Foundation and Corporate Philanthropy team can do the same.
- Pro-actively participate in opportunities to broaden professional networks relevant to 92Y’s programs and collaborations.
- May be assigned other tasks and duties reasonably related to these job responsibilities.
Bachelor’s degree with Master’s Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- 10+ years of experience as an effective fundraiser specializing in grant writing, and corporate funding proposals.
- Proven ability as a talented writer and editor of both grant submissions and funding proposals.
- Extensive knowledge of foundation and corporate foundation/philanthropy communities.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data with the facility to understand complex budgeting models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities.
- Experienced manager with strong leadership skills.
- Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required, with knowledge of Tessitura database preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across many disciplines.
- Willingness and desire to attend evening/weekend programming activities in order to cultivate/steward key donors and prospects.
Please be sure to include a personalized cover letter along with a resume for this opportunity.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER