Marketing, Communication & Business Development Manager
Job Description: Marketing, Communication & Business Development Manager
About TCC Group
TCC Group collaborates with leaders to solve complex social problems. As a mission-driven consulting firm and certified B Corporation, TCC Group partners with foundations, nonprofits, and companies to propel positive social change through strategy, capacity building, initiative design, strategic communication, management, and evaluation. We design and implement solutions for social impact by immersing ourselves in interconnected communities and systems, co-creating innovative and effective processes, and applying and sharing our experience with the field.
Built on the commitment and experience of our people, TCC Group is comprised of a diverse constellation of inspired problem-solvers—committed to collaborative learning and our collective contribution to building an effective social sector. People come here to make an impact, and we seek engaged, driven, and inspired individuals to join our team.
About the Position
The Marketing, Communications and Business Development Manager will play a central role in elevating awareness of the TCC Group brand and values, amplifying the firm’s reputation, and positioning the firm to propel business growth.
The Manager will have expertise creating marketing and communications plans, content marketing strategies, and social impact campaigns to advance an organization or company’s growth goals. The ideal candidate will also be skilled in managing all aspects of the customer journey: acquisition, retention, engagement, conversion, and loyalty, along with a passion for growing a business in innovative ways that are aligned with brand mission. Additionally, the manager will bring a dynamic and collaborative approach to problem solving, strong communication skills, and the ability to toggle between creative and analytical work.
TCC Group is looking for someone who brings direct experience from the social sector, knowledge of social change issues, best practices and trends, and the drive, resilience, curiosity, and empathy it takes to achieve positive social impact.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, External Communication and Business Development, this newly created position will be based out of our New York City office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement a growth strategy to support an integrated, multi-channel marketing and communication plan.
- Identify and establish cross-marketing and lead generating programs for TCC services and products.
- Build, implement, and scale organic marketing strategies, including analyzing and optimizing channel mix and funnel performance.
- Develop content and creative assets, including copy and visuals, across a wide variety of formats to support marketing and business development efforts.
- Create programs and campaigns that engage, grow, and sustain a user base from signup through conversion, engagement, and advocacy.
- Generate data-driven hypotheses and run A/B tests across different segments, user flows, strategies, channels, and campaigns for validation.
- Elevate TCC name and reputation through strategically targeted placement of thought leadership in media outlets and publications.
- Build campaign content strategies integrated across newsletters, blogs, video scripts/story boards, presentations, client success stories, etc.
- Manage organization’s web presence, update content and leverage data to recommend approaches to increase engagement with thought leadership content.
- Develop and curate newsletter content, establish and execute distribution plan, increase and deepen subscriber engagement.
- Create email marketing content and campaigns to drive organic list growth and generate leads.
- Oversee email database; build, segment, maintain, and update lists.
- Design and execute social media engagement strategy; create content, track, report activity.
- Track, monitor, and analyze results; create reports to inform marketing lead generation strategies.
- Develop and deploy SEO plan to drive organic website traffic growth.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to showcase TCC thought leaders at conferences and events; coordinate with staff on proposal development to meet submission deadlines.
- Collaborate with Director and staff firmwide to create and launch new TCC-hosted event series.
- Provide copyediting support firmwide.
- Work with Director in coordination with other teams on firmwide CRM version upgrade.
- Assist with developing a new CRM database process manual and staff training sessions on the effective use and upkeep of firmwide CRM.
- Manage and maintain prospect contact information and other pertinent data to create and strengthen relationships, and new leads that can be cultivated into business.
- Build and maintain calendaring system to effectively manage timing and accountability for content development and distribution, events, and editorial/PR efforts.
Desired Skills and Background
Education and Experience
- Seven years of marketing experience for a philanthropy organization, significant nonprofit, or in a philanthropy/CSR team for an agency or corporation; with at least four years developing content marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Some direct experience with lead nurturing programs to accelerate prospect to client journey.
- Experience with social and digital marketing strategies to increase engagement is essential.
- Website and social media management with some experience in digital creation and editing.
- Experience with contact management systems and marketing automation is required.
- Skilled at using monitoring and evaluation systems and analysis such as Google Analytics.
- Some experience working with media/PR, pitching stories that resulted in media placement.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and layout/design skills are essential.
- High degree of problem-solving abilities.
- Superior project, time, and organizational management skills.
- Ability to be flexible with changes in task and priorities along with using sound judgment.
- Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Wide degree of creativity and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in social media and digital media.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and team player with a positive and professional approach.
- Strong work ethic.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally in the social sector.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner.
- Passion for TCC’s mission and values.
Please submit a resume and cover letter for the “Marketing, Communications & Business Development Manager” position here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
No telephone calls or emails, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to encourage promotion from among present employees, subject to the application of the best-qualified employee.