Executive Director of the FIT Social Justice Center - FIT Foundation
The Executive Director of the FIT Social Justice Center (SJC) will oversee the center's strategic vision and leading business decisions to drive the FIT Social Justice Center growth. Duties include collaborating with FIT's leadership team, implementing strategic plans for the SJC's
development and growth, and managing relationships with stakeholders.You will be expected to develop and manage the objectives of the FIT Social Justice Center which is dedicated to nurturing diverse talent for the creative industries including fashion, beauty, design,
communications, entertainment, production, media, advertising, and marketing.You will work with the Social Justice Center Advisory Council to strategically advance the mission of the Social Justice Center. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing the
operating and program budgets for the Center, through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual and corporate donors to contribute high-level gifts to the Center. The Executive Director will work closely with the Vice President for Advancement/Executive Director of the FIT Foundation to ensure a collaborative approach to fundraising.
Job Specific Competencies
- Drive the strategic vision of the FIT Social Justice Center and carry out the programs that confront the systemic barriers preventing the advancement of workforce diversity and Indigenous minority-owned enterprises by providing talented Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) with a pathway to success.
- Secure financial support from a variety of sources, including individuals, foundations, and corporations independently of the work cultivated by the FIT Foundation. Key efforts will be devoted to identifying and cultivating potential major donors, while strengthening and enhancing FIT's relationships with current donors.
- Strategize with key members of FIT on ways to attract funding prospects while enhancing the organization's reputation among target constituencies.
- Develop relationships and work closely with the Social Justice Center Advisory Council in formulating and implementing the strategic direction and goals while communicating regularly with the council. With FIT faculty and staff, build and manage programmatic aspects of the Social Justice Center including, but not limited to, internships, mentorships and apprenticeships; pre-college; continuing education; conferences and summits; research and innovation programs; and other initiatives deemed appropriate and categorized as social justice activities at FIT.
- Provide the leadership, communication, management skills and effective internal and external relations that provide transparency to the operations.
- Oversee grant-making programs and processes to include an application process,forms, timeline, and reporting requirements, and make appropriate changes as needed.
- Respond to inquiries and meet with potential donors/prospects and their advisors.
- With the VP for Advancement/Executive Director of the Foundation, develop compelling programs as needed and prepare compelling proposals based on potential for giving and prospect interest.
- Ensure that the development and monitoring of metrics for the SJC are carried out and describe the success of the SJC and its program.
- Other development projects/events as required.
Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in advancement and fundraising,business development or an equivalent combination of experience.
- Must submit a resume and bio to be considered for the position.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong networking ability, with solid relationships with decision-makers in the industries represented by the Center.
- Proven ability to solicit and close financial agreements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to compel, cultivate, and solicit high net worth individuals and their advisors.
- Strong analytical skills to research and identify potential donors and partners.
- Strong strategic thinking and vision setting skills, coupled with ability to work independently and collaboratively across teams to bring that vision to fruition.
- Excellent communication skills including writing, editing, and presenting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an engaging and innovative personal style and a high level of sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings, including the ability to work diplomatiilitiescally with partners and represent the Center and FIT.
- Highly developed leadership and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability in problem identification and resolution with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- An understanding of and the ability to articulate the accomplishments and goals of a complex organization.
- The intelligence, maturity and sound judgment necessary for interacting with C-suite executives, along with board, trustees, administrative and academic leadership, faculty,and staff in a higher education setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and effective channels of communication at multiple levels inside and outside the organization with a proven ability to successfully interact with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of sound judgment and diplomacy, with a commitment to confidentiality.
- Strategic planning, organizational, administrative and budgetary experience is critical.
- An ability and willingness to quickly learn FIT and the College's history, mission,demographics, faculty, current programs, departments, etc., as well as the College culture to be able to persuasively articulate how FIT distinguishes itself from peer institutions.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Raiser's Edge or similar CRM database system.