Director of Development and Alumni Relations
Bishop Dunne Catholic School empowers each student to explore, inquire, lead, and serve through a college preparatory education in a joyful community of faith.
Inspiring future leaders to innovate and serve by delivering the best Catholic education to the students of North Texas.
Bishop Dunne Catholic School seeks a Director of Development and Alumni Relations who will oversee all fund-raising efforts of the school. The Director is responsible for alumni engagement efforts, including events and fund-raising. Bishop Dunne raises over $1 million per year to support the operations of the school, especially for tuition assistance, from parents, alumni, and philanthropists who support Catholic education.
Bishop Dunne is the only Catholic diocesan school in Dallas that enrolls students in grades six through twelve. The Bishop Dunne student body mirrors the diversity of Dallas, with over 75% identifying as students of color, and approximately half the students are Catholic. The Director of Development and Alumni Relations needs to understand and develop strategies that inspire donors to support Catholic education in the Southern sector of Dallas. The Director needs to lead the team to work strategically, articulating the vision, building relationships, and engaging with donors to ensure they are cultivated, embraced and thoroughly informed about Bishop Dunne.
The Bishop Dunne Board, with input from members of the school community, is currently engaged in a strategic planning process that will envision where we will be in 2026. In addition, the school has engaged the Meitler group to conduct a Growth and Sustainability Study to help the school plan for the future.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred; experience in development and fund-raising at a non-profit. Experience with Catholic education would be a plus. Significant leadership experience in development with an understanding of best practices, innovative and engaging programs, and data analytics is desired.
- Deep appreciation for and knowledge of the value of Catholic education.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of, diversity, equity, and inclusion in schools.
- Warm and engaging presence, with ability to build relationships, develop volunteer networks, and connect with and inspire a variety of people.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to inspire confidence when working with all constituents.
- Ability to raise awareness of Bishop Dunne Catholic School in order to raise funds for designated programs and projects.
- A strategic mindset to organize and implement a development plan that is aligned with the Strategic Plan.
- Ability to organize, execute and grow the Dunne Together annual fund program.
- Ability to plan, promote, and execute innovative special events to promote community relations and thank
- Ability to organize and plan specific alumni events such as Alumni Homecoming Party, Young Alumni Party, Alumni Golf Tournament, and Alumni Family Picnic.
- Ability to coordinate with class leaders on Alumni Reunions and coordinate events on campus.
- Experience writing successful grant requests to foundations and corporations for designated projects and programs.
- Ability to oversee the management of the database.
- Experience developing programs to connect donors with students receiving tuition assistance.
The Director of Development and Alumni Relations will:
- Work with the business office to track donations and how they support the programs at the school.
- Work with the Advancement Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Assist the president and Chief Financial Officer in preparing reports on finances, donations and giving.
- Support the fund-raising efforts associated with GeoTech and the Literary Festival.
- Successfully manage the development staff and work collaboratively with others in the school community.
- Attend networking events and keep abreast of advancement opportunities and trends.
- Successfully complete Safe Environment and all background checks.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the President.
The ideal candidate:
- Will be proficient in using donor development and fundraising database software (Bishop Dunne currently uses Sustain)
- Will be a CFRE or working towards obtaining his/her CFRE.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to furnish a letter of intent, current resume, and the names/contact information of 3 professional references. The letter of intent should average one page long, and no more than two, and address your experience and key successes in the areas of development, building relationships and fundraising.
Please email the materials to Ms. Anna Lee Friesen, HR Director (email@example.com).
Bishop Dunne Catholic School provides a competitive benefits plan to eligible employees. The salary is commensurate with experience.