About Prosperity Now
Prosperity Now is a leading national economic nonprofit working with diverse partners at the national, state, and local levels to create economic opportunity that allows U.S. families to build stability, wealth, and prosperity. Prosperity Now works to ensure that every individual and family in the U.S. can participate in, contribute to, and benefit from the economy by bringing together community practice, public policy, and private markets in new and effective ways. We design and implement initiatives that transform markets and local communities; facilitate idea exchange through national and regional convenings; and spearhead public policy change linked to disciplined research and grassroots experience of effective practice.
Prosperity Now is seeking a Grants Coordinator to join our growing development team to support a comprehensive development plan to broaden our base of support, diversify revenue streams, and realize and ultimately exceed ambitious fundraising goals in support of this vision. Specifically, the Grants Coordinator supports institutional investment in the organization by writing grant proposals, reports and other deliverables to corporate, foundation and government funders, and occasionally individual investors. The position also conducts research on current and prospective funders and opportunities and maintains an annual calendar of deadlines and deliverables.
The Grants Coordinator will work with the Director of Institutional Investment, Foundation Relations Manager, Corporate Relations Officer as well as the full development team and colleagues across the organization to develop, achieve, and track annual fundraising goals.
About Prosperity Now’s Development Team
Prosperity Now’s Development Team is a high-energy, high-performing team of professionals who work under the leadership of Prosperity Now’s Vice President of Philanthropy to secure the resources necessary to advance Prosperity Now’s mission. The Development team and the Communications Team report into the Chief Engagement Officer and collectively serve as Prosperity Now’s external affairs team, strategically engaging stakeholders across a single, integrated continuum. The Development Team raises funds from multiple sources, including institutional funders, corporate funders, the public sector, and individuals.
- Responsible for researching, preparing, submitting, and managing grant proposals and reports that support Prosperity Now goals and meet foundation funding guidelines and criteria.
- Assist with managing funder relationships, coordinate compliance reporting, and support special project initiatives, both independently and in partnership with team members.
- Coordinate tracking of deadlines and deliverables.
- Track grant and contract opportunities across all Prosperity Now’s programmatic areas.
- Identify and support opportunities to secure general support from foundation investors.
- Maintain internal foundation revenue protocols, calendars, dashboards, and communications channels to ensure timely and accurate deliverables.
- Maintain master calendar of grants and prospects and all associated files and correspondence, as well as a library of grant support documents, monitoring and maintaining funder reporting schedules and requirements.
- Execute thank you letters and facilitate grant contracts/agreements, as well as all necessary supporting materials and documents including budget reports, outcome measurements, success stories to submit reports to funders.
- Conduct prospect research and coordinate the effective use of contact management systems and processes to oversee foundation donor acknowledgements and to track pertinent donor and prospect information, including data entry and analytic reporting.
- Work with Finance and program colleagues to support grant compliance and reporting.
- Craft compelling progress reports and targeted program updates to funders that capture programmatic success and support related blog posts, press releases, and social media posts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Educational background in any field of study
- At least three years of experience writing grant proposals is a must, preferably for multi-issue organization.
- Stellar written communication skills with demonstrable success creating compelling proposals to secure grant funding.
- Experience writing, data analysis, program budgeting, project management skills, with an emphasis on clear writing and outcome measurement.
- Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to and passion for racial and economic justice.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and successfully meet deadlines.
- Previous experience with donor databases and/or CRMs, particularly Salesforce, a plus.
- Previous program design, implementation, and/or evaluation experience a plus.
Prosperity Now is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths, and seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. We encourage candidates from various backgrounds to apply.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Community Foundations jobs in Washington D.C.
- Grant Seeking Community Foundations jobs in Washington D.C.
- Prospect Research Community Foundations jobs in Washington D.C.
- Programs Community Foundations jobs in Washington D.C.
- Grant Administration Community Foundations jobs in Washington D.C.