Assistant Vice President of Development
2 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) is a multi-disciplinary arts center located in Brooklyn, New York. For more than 150 years, BAM has been the home for adventurous artists, audiences, and ideas—engaging both global and local communities. With world-renowned programming in theater, dance, music, opera, film, and much more, BAM showcases the work of emerging artists and innovative modern masters.
BAM is currently seeking an Associate Vice President of Development to oversee the strategy related to soliciting funds from individual donors at the $10,000+ level and above (including operating, capital & special campaigns). The qualified candidate will have the ability to manage a portfolio of individual major gift donors and prospects and cultivate their own prospect relationships that lead to the solicitation of major gifts. The selected candidate will oversee Special Events in service of stewardship and development department goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise major gifts and special events teams on all fundraising campaigns and stewardship activities.
- Strategize, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts from individuals giving $10,000 and above, including renewal, acquisition, and upgrade campaigns.
- Work closely and efficiently with Major Gifts team, Executive staff, and Board to identify, cultivate, and solicit individual gifts.
- Oversee Major Gift cultivation events and opportunities in tandem with the Major Gifts team, Special Events Director and Director of Patron Services.
- Oversee all Major Gift donor external communication.
- Oversee and direct the prospect management process for Major Gifts.
- Work with VP and Director of Special Events to strategize annual fundraising gala and lead the event’s fundraising effort.
- Attend BAM Board meetings and Development Committee meetings, as necessary.
- Lead special projects and campaigns across the Development department as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A minimum seven years of individual giving fundraising experience required with with a successful track record in soliciting major gifts.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a superior attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast pace environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet goals.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, strong work ethic, and high degree of professionalism
- Successful experience managing others, and strong ability to recruit, orient, train, mentor, and motivate staff who support development goals.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and fundraising database management skills (Tessitura experience is preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Proven experience as a successful team member.
- Ability to effectively communicate BAM goals and mission to external parties
- Ability to work independently and enjoys collaborating in a team environment.
- Ability to work remotely
Pay: Salary commensurate with experience. This position is full-time exempt and BAM offers a full benefits package including medical, dental and vision care, employer-paid life insurance and pension.
Application Instructions: Must complete an online application through BAM's website - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.
Internal Applicants must apply via the Internal Job Portal by the application deadline. Applications not submitted by the deadline may not be considered. Employees must meet all of the following criteria to be considered for an interview:
- Completed at least 1 year of continuous, active service in current position. (Positions excluded include, but are not limited to, temporary assignments, and probationary employees);
- Meet the experience and skills requirement as outlined in the job post;
- Be employed in current position for at least one year:
- Performed in a satisfactory manner without any corrective actions in the last 12 months
Brooklyn Academy of Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BAM recognizes that historic institutional practices lead to a non-inclusive environment and is working to address diversity and inclusion in all forms. Individuals in BAM are experiencing their own pace during this process, which is not uncommon when addressing power and privilege. The Development division supports and continues to take part in this process.