2 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Montefiore and Einstein seeks a Development Writer to help conceptualize, research, write, and edit both internal and external communications for an expanding Office of Development. Under the direction of the Senior Director of External Relations, s/he will work on a client model across the Development department to produce high quality, inspiring, best-of-class collateral for traditional and non-traditional media in service to engaging and informing donors, prospects, patients, and friends.
Sample projects include but are not limited to:
- Funding proposals
- Pitch decks
- Gift agreements
- Naming agreements
- Event collateral
- Stewardship reports
- Acknowledgement letters
- Year-end institutional impact reports
- Annual appeals
- Web language
- Internal newsletters
- External newsletters
The Development Writer will also take on project management and administrative tasks to ensure the department runs smoothly and with accuracy. This is an on-site position in the Bronx.
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years of professional experience, preferably in a fundraising, healthcare, higher education, or other complex environment.
- Impeccable writing, editing, and project management skills.
- Expertise in the use of the English language (grammar, punctuation, syntax).
- Ability to write in various leadership voices (for example, Vice President and Chief Philanthropy Officer, Vice President of Development, Dean, CEO).
- Proven record of working fast, smart, and proactively across print, web, and other mediums while hitting all deadlines.
- Sees constructive criticism as a valuable part of the collaborative process.
- Possesses the talent, focus, and innovation to take projects—often, multiple at a time—from inception to reality.
- Ability to interact with colleagues across all levels in a mature, professional, and dependable fashion.
- Mastery of Microsoft programs.
- Experience interviewing subjects a plus.
- Link to online portfolio required.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.