Development Data Analyst
1 day left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Development Data Analyst
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Senior Director of Advancement Services, the Development Data Analyst supports the work of University Relations and Advancement (URA) by enhancing the quantity, quality and transmission of information within the department and the University by producing reports, lists, and import and export files. The incumbent helps develop and maintain systems to improve operations to meet the current and future needs of the division.
- Serves as a technical representative on behalf of URA in discussion with vendors, IT and other divisions on issues relating to business needs.
- Proactively recommends and implements solutions for automation and reporting with an emphasis on efficiency, consistency and best practices for information management relative to philanthropic programs and outreach initiatives.
- Maintains the integrity of the fundraising database and ancillary systems by regularly updating donor records and overseeing the ongoing clean-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3gT6VdE
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a related field. Master's degree in business or public administration preferred.
- Certification training and applied experience may be substituted for the required education, on a year-for-year basis up to two years.
- Three years of fulltime, progressively responsible experience in higher education advancement or institutional research.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of: programming and testing methods and techniques for software applications; Raiser's Edge software; relational databases, Visual Basic, and Crystal Reports; and Microsoft products such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Proficient in overall non-profit fundraising and development operations best practices, as well as relevant relational database or CRM usage. Thorough knowledge of PC/MAC based web browsers and related tools.
- Ability and specialized skills to: analyze problems; propose effective solutions; understand functional and procedural requirements; analyze problems and propose effective solution; understand functional and procedural requirements and develop alternative solutions; relate solutions to management, technical staff, and users.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; make presentations; conduct meetings; provide user training; and prepare programming and user documentation.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification: 0400 / Analyst/Programmer
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4372 -$6667, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4372 -$10,792 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- Applications received through May 18, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/499815/development-data-analyst