Corporate and Major Gifts Officer
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Mission: The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) enriches our world by collecting, preserving, and making accessible an astonishing variety of musical instruments and performance videos from every country in the world. MIM offers guests a welcoming and fun experience, incomparable interactive technology, dynamic programming, and exceptional musical performances. MIM fosters appreciation of the world’s diverse cultures by showing how we innovate, adapt, and learn from each other to create music – the language of the soul.
Position Summary: This position reports to the Executive Director. The Corporate and Major Gifts Officer secures funding to support MIM’s endowment, community programming and education, theater, and annual operations.
- Design, develop, and administer strategic fundraising programs to optimize and enhance revenue.
- Administer and execute moves management for an assigned portfolio of individual and corporate donors.
- Identify corporate and major donor prospects through data mining, research, and networking.
- Develop customized individual donor and corporate sponsorship proposals
- Partner with MIM’s Board and Advisory Board to secure new corporate and donor opportunities.
- Lead corporate stewardship and networking events for Institutional Advancement, from planning to execution.
- Allocate and coordinate tasks and action plans with Strategic Data Specialist.
- Steward and cultivate individual and corporate donors. Oversee sponsor activation, fulfillment, and recognition.
- Use metrics to monitor progress of IA annual and campaign goals. Modify strategies as needed to meet or exceed fundraising goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with Creative team to develop fundraising programs, collateral, brand messaging, and communications.
- Partner with leadership to identify areas of greatest need; develop strategies and tactics for specific asks.
- Liaise with Grant partner when opportunities for philanthropic support are identified among corporate partners.
- Collaborate with Strategic Data Specialist to develop and implement data-driven fundraising strategy that includes screening and analysis of donor prospects in Patron Manager.
- Work with Executive Director to solicit large gifts.
- Expand MIM’s brand and community reach by attending various functions, meetings, events and conferences as a key representative of MIM.
- Track record of maintaining relationships with donors and determining the optimal scenario for successful major gift solicitation.
- Rigorous knowledge and application of fundraising and stewardship practices
- Database applications and working knowledge of SalesForce CRM is a plus. Strong in Microsoft office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Successful track record of securing sponsorships and closing gifts in the six-figure range.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Understand and bridge the needs of MIM leadership with the interests of major gift donors to establish, develop, and sustain relationships.
- Positive and effective team collaborator, partnering to advance departmental and institutional goals.
- Proven leadership and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Advanced written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated diplomacy in establishing and maintaining good working relationships throughout the organization, MIM’s board of directors, and outside constituents.
- Advanced skill creating and executing persuasive, compelling presentations to secure gifts.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking, problem-recognition and resolution skills.
- Adaptable and flexible in a high-performance culture
- High degree of professionalism that requires the use of
courtesy, tact, discretion and integrity.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with five to seven years successful experience in major or corporate giving.
- Possess a full range of knowledge and practice related to prospect identification and development and new donor acquisition, particularly targeted to major gift development
- Demonstrated achievements in securing philanthropic investments and proven success personally soliciting gifts
- Demonstrated experience in creating and executing stewardship plans
- Proven networking and connector skills
- Experience with database and prospect management tools.
- Experience working with volunteers
For more information visit our website at: MIM.org
Qualified candidates should submit both a cover letter and
resume via the link below: