Senior Associate, Charitable Giving (remote possible)
Remote available; Offices are located in NYC, DC and San Francisco
Candidates must already be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that this position is grant-dependent and an 18 month contract. We anticipate there is opportunity for additional fundraising in the space for an extension.Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a team member to join our charitable giving team. This person will take on increasing management responsibility of a portfolio of projects that develop and apply behavioral innovations to the world of philanthropy, from everyday donors to wealthy individuals. These innovations seek to increase the quality of giving, unlocking more resources to effectively address inequities and helping donors more thoughtfully engage with causes. While this team member will primarily play an active role on the giving team, there may be opportunities to support other projects in different domains.
Diagnosing behavioral problems and designing behaviorally informed interventions and products is integral to what we do. The giving portfolio is an exciting opportunity to change the way philanthropy – which underpins the entire nonprofit sector – serves beneficiaries and donors alike.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing field projects, including intervention design, implementation, monitoring, and impact evaluation; serving as the day-to-day contact for partners and clients;
- Developing full-scale project plans, structure and timelines;
- Assisting/leading primary and secondary research such as surveys, interviews, and literature reviews;
- Contributing to the development of the giving portfolio’s overall strategy and approach to our work;
- Building relationships with funders and collaborating on grant proposals
- Contributing to articles, blog posts, reports, policy papers, and other external communications;
- Supervising and mentoring more junior staff; and
- Participating in internal strategic projects, including various aspects of organizational improvement.
- Bachelor’s with 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Mission-aligned, self-starter, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of statistics;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a commitment to high-quality output
- Available and willing to travel on a flexible schedule as needed (typically less than 25%)
- Master's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Stata
- Self-starter able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Passion for understanding human behavior and pursuing innovation
- Smart, logical, and structured thinkers, who are also creative
- A background in strategy, marketing, or product management & client-facing experience is a plus
We’re a non-profit looking for deep insights into human behavior—into why people do what they do—and using that knowledge in ways that help improve lives, build better systems, and drive social change. Working globally, we reinvent the practices of institutions, and create better products and policies that can be scaled for maximum impact.
We also teach others, ultimately striving to generate lasting social impact and create a future where the universal application of behavioral science powers a world with optimal health, equitable wealth, and environments and systems that are sustainable and just for all.
For more than a decade, we’ve been at the forefront of applying behavioral science in the real world. And as we’ve developed our expertise, we’ve helped to define an entire field. Our efforts have so far extended to 40 countries as we’ve partnered with governments, foundations, NGOs, private enterprises, and a wide array of public institutions.
We value diversity and inclusion and are dedicated to growing our teams with people who have diverse experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We are committed to fair and unbiased hiring practices that support equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, gender, national origin, age, abilities, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Working with Us
We are a culture-first organization where rules or processes do not take precedence – people and their ability to make well-reasoned decisions do. You’ll find that our team members are deeply caring, wicked smart, and both tenacious and rigorous in their work.
Our core values are at the heart of everything at ideas42:
- We live and breathe what we do. We look at everything through a BEHAVIORAL LENS.
- We take OWNERSHIP. We don’t just work at ideas42, we take shared responsibility for it.
- We DO GOOD. We use our expertise to improve millions of lives and create a better world for all.
- We have fun. We let PLAYFULNESS inform the way we work and our approach to the world, helping to drive our creativity and improve our solutions.
- We live with a SPIRIT OF GENEROSITY. We approach our colleagues, partners and people whose lives we seek to improve with an attitude of selflessness and cooperation.
- We are TENACIOUS. We never take the easy route, but push to stretch the limits of what’s possible.
- We are RIGOROUS in how we think and how we tackle problems.
We hope that you are excited by the opportunity to work with us. We are proud to offer a comprehensive and behaviorally designed benefits package and other perks to support our team and allow us to focus on our work of solving tough social problems.
- Insurance: We offer fully-covered medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage for you and your families.
- 401(k) Match: We contribute 3%, even if you don’t contribute at all.
- Generous Vacation and Paid Time Off: We’ve built infrastructure to encourage our team to rest and recharge throughout the year.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness benefit
- Compensation: Our compensation is competitive within the non-profit industry.
- Loan Forgiveness: Based on our 501(c)3 status, you are able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.