Director, Institutional Giving
3 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Position Director, Institutional Giving
Status Full Time
Location Norwalk, CT
SeriousFun Children’s Network, founded by Paul Newman, is a growing global community of independently managed and financed camps and programs, which have come together with a common purpose – to provide transformative experiences to children with serious illnesses and their families, free of charge. Through our 30 camps and programs around the world, SeriousFun reaches more than 150,000 children and families annually. Learn more at www.seriousfun.org
About us: The SeriousFun Support Center is located in East Norwalk CT. Our team of 30 staff members provides support services to SeriousFun camps and partnership programs around the world in order to ensure program and operational excellence, create awareness for the camps worldwide, and foster the continued growth of the Network as a whole.
SeriousFun is committed to fostering and ensuring a culture and environment that values the experiences, knowledge, and voices of all those who work to carry out our mission. We are continually focused on bringing our core principles of diversity, equality, and inclusion to life by embracing individual talents and experiences and encouraging ongoing learning and understanding.
The purpose of our job posting is to provide an overview of the responsibilities and qualifications needed for this role and what it’s like to work with us. If this sounds like the work you would like to do - and if we sound like a non-profit that you would like to work for - then please apply even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.
This position is perfect for you if:
You are an experienced, strategic, creative and collaborative development professional who will lead our Institutional Giving Team in its efforts to identify, build, maintain, and grow our corporate and foundation relationships. This position requires an individual who is poised, able to communicate and work effectively with potential donor organizations, comfortable with communicating/influencing with a variety of levels in companies and at SeriousFun, with a successful track record of managing relationships with a broad spectrum of corporations and foundations and able to close gifts.
- Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), this role will support the CEO and CDO to establish key funding opportunities for the network.
- This role will lead the efforts of two team members in the core areas of Corporate Partnerships and Institutional Giving
- Support the development of the Institutional Giving strategy and the achievement of Institutional Giving revenue goals.
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for a portfolio of corporations and foundations to include existing and new relationships.
- Responsible for corporate, private, and foundation gift identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Align corporate and foundation goals/needs with SeriousFun priorities to further mission impact.
- Oversee the delivery of high-level constituent experience and recognition programs to cultivate new or expanded relationships.
- Collaborate with other Development, Marketing/Communication, Program/Evaluation and Finance/Administrative staff to ensure coordination of efforts.
- Lead and organize regular meetings with Development Directors of member camps to review and strategize about potential corporate/foundation funding partners.
- Manage proposal writing process, including establishing schedules, gathering information, and coordinating with appropriate staff.
- Develop and implement account plans to maximize partnership opportunities.
- Develop and present presentations, proposals, and reporting documents.
- Establish and maintain appropriate files of biographical and financial information as well as funding priorities, application guidelines and deadlines in Raiser’s Edge, our system of record.
- Job-Specific Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Strategic Thinking
- Authority and Accountability
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Interpersonal Skills
- Bachelor's Degree (e.g. BA, BS) or equivalent
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience, with a successful track record of managing relationships with a broad spectrum of corporations and foundations.
- Experience with Blackbaud Raisers Edge data management system, or similar.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Post-graduate degree or CFRE certification
- Experience in working in NGOs or other non-profit organizations.
Company Culture, Perks and Benefits – please read Our Philosophies here to get a sense of what’s important to us.
- Fun, respectful, and collaborative environment
- Professional Development opportunities (online and company facilitated offerings)
- Respect for your non-working time (in Eastern Standard Time) unless under special circumstances, we limit contacting staff on evenings and weekends.
- 30+ for you to enjoy as you see fit, including vacation days, holidays, opportunities to volunteer at a SeriousFun camp.
- Paid time off for family, medical, and civic service needs.
- Company sponsored retirement 403b plan after one year of continued service.
- New office located in a fully renovated mixed-used building with great onsite (free) amenities.
- Steps away from the East Norwalk train station
Benefits are subject to change
Compensation is commensurate with experience and relevant labor market comparisons.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and complete an application here: https://form.jotform.com/humanresources620/IG