Senior Manager, Donor Communications
Position: Senior Manager, Donor Communications
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Communications
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is seeking an experienced copywriter who will help us engage and grow our donor community for the position of Senior Manager, Donor Communications. This position requires three to five plus years of non-profit experience in a similar role, is open to remote work, and reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Communications.
- Manage PF’s offline and online donor communications, from message development through the final design process. Tailor messages across multiple audience segments to increase new donors, improve donor retention and recurring donations.
- Write and edit copy that drives year-round fundraising across multiple campaigns and departments.
- Create content for direct response, donor impact reports, annual reports, email solicitations, major donor updates, stewardship reports, and other donor-related deliverables.
- Work with Communications team leads to collect and develop patient/caregiver/donor stories from the PF community.
- Serve as lead writer/editor for peer-to-peer fundraising communications including Moving Day, Parkinson’s Champions and Parkinson’s Revolution.
- Assist with content development for four-year fundraising campaign, major donor audience, and special events.
- Collaborate with Development staff to ensure we are providing a consistent donor experience and communicating in a unified voice.
- Collaborate with Research and Program staff to identify and illustrate the impact of a donation to the Foundation.
- Translate complex scientific and health issues into clear, accurate and easy-to-understand content for supporters, donors, and other audiences.
- Work with Associate Vice President of Online Communications and Associate Director of Content Strategy to manage calendar for all donor communications, print and digital, as well as updating internal messaging documents for staff.
- Monitor performance of donor communication programs including welcome series, thank you messages and other touchpoints.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required with focus on English/Writing preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years writing and creating donor fundraising campaigns in the nonprofit space.
- Superior writing, editing, and oral communications skills, with a demonstrated capacity for compelling storytelling.
- Ability to research, write, fact-check and edit a variety of communication pieces for target audiences with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Demonstrated success developing, managing, and overseeing marketing and fundraising activities.
- Work collaboratively across diverse teams with strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to liaise with all stakeholders, including staff, external partners, volunteers, senior leadership and others.
- Superior organizational skills that reflect ability to work independently and perform and prioritize multiple tasks and competing demands with high attention to detail.
- Passion for non-profit work and health care a plus.
- Demonstrates the organizational values of excellence, teamwork, collaboration, integrity, positivity, dedication, and responsiveness.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Senior Manager, Donor Communications” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.