Director of Marketing and Communications
4 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Serves as a visionary leader who will strategically guide marketing and communications units by effectively using a mix of traditional and nontraditional marketing and communication vehicles to advance the college by enhancing its brand and distinctive identity through the marketing, media, social media, publications and Internet. Strategically market and promote the college’s programs, events, faculty/staff and student achievements to internal and external audiences. Possess strong strategic, creative, and project management skills with excellent writing skills. Provide technical skills that utilize traditional marketing/communications vehicles, and current digital marketing, to create, edit and execute effective communication deliverables that align with the college’s strategy, vision, and mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Below is an illustrative list of the typical duties and responsibilities
• In consultation with the college president and executive
staff, develop prepared presentations, responses to media
inquiries, and talking points for media interviews designed to
advance the mission of the college.
• In consultation with members of the President’s Leadership Team, develop comprehensive public outreach strategies to enhance the image of the college.
• Recommends strategy, tactics, and counsel regarding student enrollment and retention.
• Serves as primary spokesperson for the college, and when appropriate, identify and prepare other staff members to respond to media inquiries; draft letters to the editor and op/ed pieces under the by-line of college staff in support of college objectives and its overall mission. Maintain media relations database.
• Recommends strategy, tactics, and counsel regarding the communication of internal initiatives (i.e., strategic planning process, assessment initiative, college anniversary planning).
• Overseas the development and/or editing of broadcast e-mails and internal electronic publications.
• Ensures the accuracy and distribution of monthly external electronic newsletter; distribute external e-mails promoting fundraising and networking events through the appropriate platforms or websites.
• Monitors and ensures the distribution of college announcements on appropriate social media platforms. Maintain external e-mail database.
• Advises on and contributes to website development.
• Develops strategies for communications to the larger college audience, including but not limited to, alumni, community members, local elected officials, university partners, donors, and the business community. Supervise social media strategy for the college, including regular postings to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube. Monitor social media posts on other college sites and cross-post to maximize outreach. Coordinate with other social media managers to obtain maximum reach for college objectives.
• Manage outreach on the college’s internal video monitors on both campuses and local cable television.
• Overseas and ensures the posting of messages and announcements on the outdoor digital signs located on the West Windsor Campus. Compose, schedule, and monitor the operation of digital signs.
• Composes eye-catching displays for video monitors, including graphic design and animation.
• Compiles weekly statistics on the products developed and distributed by the Marketing and Communications Office, and corresponding metrics on effectiveness. Integrate weekly reports into action plans regarding assessable outcomes.
• Manages all aspects of the creation and distribution of press releases for website and external media; builds web pages for posting to MCCC website.
• Serves as copywriter for college brochures and flyers; work with Marketing and Communications Office staff to develop and proofread copy.
• Assists with development of concepts for ad campaigns; write advertising copy.
• Works with departments; including but not limited to College Advancement staff on fundraising projects and special events; support special events with pre-event publicity and other materials.
• Overseas the college photographer for annual major events and special events; edit and post digital photographs to appropriate platforms; distribute photographs to mainstream media.
• Represents the Division for College Advancement on college-wide committees, including but not limited to, the Enrollment Management Steering Committee, the College Governance Council Outreach Subcommittee, the Strategic Planning Steering Committee, the Anniversary/Inauguration Steering Committee, and other ad hoc committees as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervises the full and part-time Marketing and Communications Department which include the Publications, Public Relations, Web Services, and Video staff in addition to student workers and/or interns.
1. Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
2. Building Strategic Working Relationships: Developing and using collaborative relationships with MCCC faculty and staff and other key stakeholders to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
3. Building a Successful Team: Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
4. Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
5. Customer Focus: Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
6. Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences
7. Formal Presentation: Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
8. Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
9. Negotiation: Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
10. Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
11. Quality Orientation: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple time sensitive tasks
and projects with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to be proactive, motivated, organized, self-disciplined, flexible and a creative thinker with outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences to promote a harassment-free environment.
• Ability to think strategically, creatively, and approach communications from new angles.
• Ability to learn new software including web development and content management programs.
• Demonstrated experience leading and coaching a team of communication professionals.
• Ability to treat people with respect and inspire trust with others.
• Ability to work ethically and with integrity and lead with vision and values.
• Social media brand development proficiency and strong analytical skills.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups within the organization required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to craft a message and convey the importance of that message to a targeted audience.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Knowledge of database systems.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Public Broadcasting jobs in Princeton Junction
- Alumni Affairs Public Broadcasting jobs in Princeton Junction
- Annual Fund Public Broadcasting jobs in Princeton Junction
- Donor Relations Public Broadcasting jobs in Princeton Junction
- Fundraising Administration Public Broadcasting jobs in Princeton Junction