Senior Development and Planned Giving Officer
5 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the DILG, the Senior Development and Planned Giving Officer (SDPGO) is responsible for growing the planned giving pipeline by stewarding donors and identifying new prospects; expanding, strengthening, and rebranding the planned giving program; offering support and education to the development team; developing strategic partnerships to support Habitat’s overall fundraising program; and leading special campaigns, initiatives, and events to raise money and engage donors and prospects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Portfolio and Account Management
- Manage a portfolio of identified planned giving donors with a custom cultivation and stewardship strategy for each. Provide high-level engagement to preserve their planning giving commitment.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit qualified planned giving prospects. Promote and close complex planned gifts.
- Manage a portfolio of donor accounts that establish new funding opportunities aligned with cross-department initiatives. Develop strategies, campaigns, and recognition benefits for targeted account groups (such as financial and legal industries) to support matched planned giving campaigns.
Planned Giving Program
- Support DILG in developing strategic objectives and creating annual goals for planned giving. Co-lead in the expansion of the planned giving program to meet or exceed short and long-term fundraising goals.
- Act as a planned giving resource and representative to development team and offer basic education on planned giving Empower gift officers to identify prospects, craft customized asks, close complex gifts, steward, and retain planned giving commitments.
- Work with outsourced planned giving vendor to manage web-based platform, e-newsletters, social media, brochures (print and on-line); coordinate promotional and educational videos and donor testimonials.
- Assist the Marketing & Communications team with production of additional planned giving marketing materials.
Special Projects, Initiatives, and Events
- Grow the bequest pipeline by revitalizing Habitat’s Legacy Society, implementing the Legacy Challenge, and launching the Legacy House campaign.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of internal and strategic partner-hosted events for education, recognition, and stewardship of planned giving donors and prospects, i.e. planned giving 101 webinars/luncheons, cocktail parties, legacy builds, etc. (virtual and live).
- Lead the development and implementation of special fundraising campaigns, such as, gift annuities, stock, IRA charitable rollover, and DAF/community foundation giving campaigns, including development of online tools and resources and production of education and promotional materials across multiple channels.
- Work with the DILG to engage Governance and Foundation Board members to support planned giving projects and to identify and cultivate new prospective partners. Help with the creation and presentation of materials to keep them updated on fundraising results, program development, and new initiatives.
- Commitment to affordable housing and to HEBSV's mission
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ten+ years paid nonprofit experience in development
- Planned giving knowledge and experience
- Experience managing high net worth portfolio
- Excellent writing, editing, penmanship, and verbal communications skills with the ability to make dynamic group presentations
- Strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities
- High-level computer literacy skills. Experience with donor databases, ideally Blackbaud
- Strong team player who also works well independently
- Full-time, flexible hours. Some weekday evenings, weekends, and travel required
Note: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as needed.
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume to Lucinda Lee O’Sullivan, Director of HR & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Senior Development and Planned Giving Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly