Donor Relations Officer
5 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Western Resources Advocates (WRA) is seeking a strategic and charismatic Donation Relations Officer to join our Development Team. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Donor Relations Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting a portfolio of current, perspective, and planned giving donors with the capacity to give in the range of $1,000-$25,000 to meet revenue goals. The primary responsibilities for this position involve researching, developing, and performing effective solicitation strategies as well as stewarding donors throughout the giving process. This individual will also work with board members and staff leaders to coordinate and execute long-term fundraising initiatives. The Donation Relations Officer will work in a lively environment with six highly motivated and passionate teammates.LOCATION
Boulder or Denver, CO are the preferred locations for this position; Salt Lake City, UT area will also be considered. WRA employees are strongly encouraged to work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic.RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
DONOR CULTIVATION AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Manage and solicit a growing portfolio of largely individual donors and prospects to achieve increasing revenue goals.
- Grow the major gifts pipeline and portfolio by researching and qualifying prospects for personal engagement and growing relationships with donors and prospects.
- Solicit donors and prospects personally for financial support.
- Serve as an active member of the major gifts team and proactively support it and the principal gifts team, made up of the President and Vice President, with their portfolios, prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship
- Communicate with donors on a regular basis through a variety of activities: calls, video conferencing, email, texts, events, webinars, letters, publications, etc.
PLANNING, METRICS AND CONTENT CREATION
- Develop and maintain proficient knowledge of organizational and programmatic work.
- Draft letters, proposals, gift agreements, recipient lists, and other materials and content for specific donor solicitations and communications purposes.
- Plan events and gatherings to meet cultivation goals.
- Track and assess fundraising metrics and goals.
- Work collaboratively with board members and staff on fundraising activities.
- Use Raiser’s Edge to manage a portfolio and evaluate progress.
- Contribute to annual giving, events, grants and other fundraising activities as needed.
- Contribute creative strategies, story lines; content, for development activities and events, including annual giving.
- Experience or background in soliciting and cultivating a portfolio of individual donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising practices and research. Ability to distinguish and identify donor opportunities.
- Strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Comfort and skill in communicating with a variety of donors, constituencies and audiences.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to break down complex subject matter into understandable and compelling language.
- Ability to travel on occasion to meetings and events, generally within the Interior West (post COVID-19).
This section is made up of skills that a candidate may come in with, and if not, may be trained on the job. They are not required and candidates who do not possess these skills yet, should not be discouraged from applying.
- General knowledge of clean energy, climate change, and/or environmental issues.
- Understanding of the non-profit sector.
The salary range is $65,000 to $85,000 annually; salary depends on relevant experience and new staff rarely start at the top of the range. WRA’s excellent benefits package includes health, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) retirement plan, life & disability insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation leave, sick leave, parental leave, sabbatical leave after five years; and an RTD EcoPass for staff in the Denver/Boulder metro area. Position is full-time exempt.DEADLINE TO APPLY: TUESDAY, JUNE 1, 2021