Director of Development
7 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
VACANCY NOTICE DATE: 05/13/2021
Director of Development
Rhode Island PBS Foundation
APPLICATION PERIOD: All resumes must be received or postmarked on or before June 3, 2021
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: SEE ATTACHED POSITION DESCRIPTION
APPLICATIONS: A current resume including education and work experience is acceptable as an application. Please indicate the position for which you are applying. Please deliver, mail or email (NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE)
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
RHODE ISLAND PBS FOUNDATION
50 PARK LANE
PROVIDENCE, RI 02907-3145
RHODE ISLAND PBS FOUNDATION IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
For more than 50 years, Rhode Island PBS has provided creative, compelling programming that stands out among other viewing choices. Our broadcast range and cable penetration includes all of Rhode Island, southeastern and central Massachusetts, and eastern Connecticut. Through our philosophy of Lifelong Learning, our mission is to enhance the quality of life of the residents in our viewing area by delivering programs and services that educate, inform, enrich, inspire, and entertain viewers of all ages.
Rhode Island PBS is seeking a Director of Development to provide
leadership and management of the direction, planning, and execution
of fundraising and development related activities for the
Foundation. This will include, but is not limited to, major
gift fundraising, serving as a liaison for multidisciplinary
development efforts as well as supervising professional development
staff and volunteers.
Essential Duties Include:
- Developing and implementing strategic fundraising plans for the Foundation.
- Providing leadership and guidance for the Foundation's professional and support personnel; planning and administering the development department’s annual operating budget.
- Planning, developing and executing strategies for obtaining private donations; identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gift prospects (individuals, corporations and foundations).
- Providing stewardship in recognition of donor philanthropy.
- Providing management oversight for all events including new business development and strategic planning to grow the existing programs.
- Provide management oversight for development and implementation of a strategic plan to secure corporate support, identifying and securing new corporate partners while managing and elevating existing relationships.
- Identifying and utilizing resources including volunteers, staff, wealth screening, publications and the internet to identify linkage, ability and interest of major gift prospects.
- Supervising systematic efforts to identify, solicit, steward, maintain and upgrade membership and annual giving donors.
- Developing, overseeing, managing and executing planned giving opportunities.
- Providing leadership for all external relationship building with a variety of constituencies; working with volunteers and others to identify linkage, ability and interest of major gift prospects.
- Leading the strategic planning for communication activities that support relationships between the Foundation and its external constituents which support private giving to the Foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of full time, progressively responsible fundraising experience, including three years of major gift fundraising experience.
- Public Media experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success and evidence of ability to plan and execute a comprehensive development program.
- Demonstrated success in activities to coordinate, attract, and close major gift funding support including face-to-face solicitation of gifts.
- Solid track record executing moves management techniques.
- Experience conceiving, planning, and implementing sophisticated and cost effective events.
- Experience building a corporate philanthropy program and in engaging senior level management in corporate partnerships.
- Demonstrated background in volunteer recruitment and management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated supervision of professional level staff with leadership, management, and administrative skills that motivate and build professional support staff competencies.
- Strong communication skills including ability to write and speak persuasively about the organization.
- Familiarity with donor database applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of planned giving.
Apply for Director of Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly