Annual Fund Manager
At Milken Community School, we think education is more than what you know.
Our School, founded on Jewish values, is about who our children can become
and how they can help others become who they might be. Because the world
our children will create tomorrow is born in the School we build today, our
mission is to educate our children so they can surpass us.
The Annual Fund Manager is a key member of a highly collaborative
Development Office and External Relations team that includes alumni
relations, communications, admissions and fundraising. This role supports the
continued growth and success of the Annual Fund by implementing
year-round strategies that will increase revenue for the School, increase the
percentage of participation in each of the school’s constituencies, and
engage volunteers effectively. The manager will also work closely with
External Relations team members on messaging, solicitation, volunteer
management, recognition and stewardship to ensure effective administration
of annual fund gifts through acknowledgment letters, donor recognition,
database entry and reporting. This position supports the Director of
Development on strategic initiatives such as community fundraising events
and constituent cultivation. Some evening and weekend work for special
events is required. This position reports to the Director of Development.
● Work closely with the Director of Development and members of the
Development Office to design the strategy, theme/messaging, and
timeline for the annual fund to increase revenue, increase participation,
and engage more volunteers.
● Recruit, train, manage and steward annual fund volunteers.
● Organize and help produce all annual fund materials including
appeals, presentations and managing the production of collateral
● Coordinate and manage campaign kick-offs and phone-a-thons and
● Organize constituency segmentation and solicitation appeal levels.
● Along with the Director of Development, work to assure high quality
stewardship for annual fund donors.
● Assist with gift processing and database management.
● Send formal acknowledgements to all donors and send thank you
● Collaborate with Donor Relations and Database Manager to provide
reports on annual fund performance, metrics, statistics, year-end tax
● Coordinate a plan with development calendar and other fundraising
● Use prospect research to develop appropriate targets and solicitation
● Lead the school’s efforts for securing grant funding.
● Assist Director of Development with creating and implementing a plan
for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift prospects
● Assist with production and organization of major gift materials and
● Assist in planning and staffing Development Office events as needed.
● Participate in External Relations & community events, and form
relationships with employees and parents.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Guided by a strong sense of commitment to the Milken Community
● Excellent interpersonal communications skills and strong writing
● A Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years relevant experience
fundraising, preferably in education. Frontline fundraising experience
required. Independent school experience is a plus.
● Strong aptitude for technology including software, database, social
media, or web-based applications in support of non-profit and/or
development work. Experience with Raiser’s Edge required.
● Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, with ability to manage
multiple projects at once.
● Strong self-motivation and the ability to work as a team member.
● Enjoys problem-solving, embraces flexibility, takes initiative, is a critical
thinker, a collaborator, and creative.
● Possesses integrity and commitment to confidentiality, diplomacy,
discretion, and tact.
● The ability to work both independently and as a team player.
Interested candidates may at the following link: