Annual Giving Officer, Yale Law School
5 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Yale University, conveniently located between Boston and New York, offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Located in the heart of historic downtown New Haven with more than 100 local boutiques, national retailers, cafés, casual eateries, award-winning restaurants, and world-renowned theaters, galleries, and museums.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Annual Giving, the Annual Giving Officer assists with the planning, execution and evaluation of annual fundraising campaigns, with primary responsibility for managing successful fundraising efforts with alumni in reunion classes. Serves as the project leader for reunion class campaigns, works collaboratively with YLS field officers to recruit reunion gift committee volunteers and to generate leadership unrestricted gifts from the top prospects in each reunion class.. Recruits, trains and provides proactive support to reunion gift committee volunteers to ensure their success in peer-to-peer solicitation efforts. Works closely with lead volunteers to draft solicitations and create engagement strategies for their class. Solicits and closes unrestricted gifts from an assigned pool of reunion year prospects. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree. Three years of related experience in a fund-raising capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, ability to set priorities and discipline to meet deadlines; entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and results-oriented. Volunteer management or project management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills. Superior organizational skills with strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills. Positive attitude and collaborative work-style.
- Ability to grasp the nuances of annual giving programming, including segmented solicitation strategies, impact on major gift relationships, dynamics of donor behavior, goal setting and volunteer management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to travel. Flexible, with the ability to respond to changing situations. Outstanding level of personal integrity, honesty, and trust.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Fundraising experience at a law school or in higher education. Track record of successfully soliciting and closing charitable gifts. Experience with fundraising data collection and analysis. Drafting and disseminating solicitation materials experience. Proven facility with complex databases (i.e. Blackbaud products and Salesforce), spreadsheets and statistics. Proven ability with Access preferred.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/YaleCareers64783BR . Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity,
rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the
country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting
opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our
benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of
insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and
educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive
recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.